"I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse 1st"

Arrigo Sacchi

Reaction score
"I never realised that in order to become a jockey you have to have been a horse 1st"

arrigo-sacchi.jpg

Ciao and welcome to the Arrigo Sacchi Challenge from me, Arrigo Sacchi.

As you may or may not know in 1985 with no professional footballing background I became the manager of Parma who at the time were in Serie . In my first season I got them promoted, in my second season I not only kept Parma in the league but I was 3 points away from winning the title! I did this by going against the grain and instead of following blindly the way the other defensive minded managers were doing things, I took inspiration from the likes of Brazil and Holland and set my sides up to attack with purpose. Seria A was not ready for my genius and crumbled before me.

sacchi_bersi_oly.jpg

I then was given the Milan job in 87 and by 88, well you guessed it I won the scudetto and 2 European Cups were to follow back to back in 89 and 90.

sacchi.jpg

It was the Italian national side for me next where I was to be beaten in the final by Romario, Bebeto, Dunga and co on pens. You may have seen a young Ronaldo on the sidelines cheering on his team. More followed but let's leave it there for now (feel free to look up my achievements)

arrigo_sacchi.jpg

Let's face it, I'm one cool **** really but now the year is 2011 and people have forgotten what I did or the youngsters may not even know, I need your help!

Rules are simple: There are no rules (other than no cheating duh). I broke them all, defied convention and look where it got me.

The challenge?

Start at Parma, get AC Milan to come calling, win everything you can in sight, get the Italian national job and then dare you go one step better than I did and actually WIN the World Cup?

Things that will impress me: ATTACK, ATTACK, ATTACK. If you're scoring more goals than anyone in the league then you're doing a **** fine job.

Any questions just ask but it's pretty straight forward.

Last edited:
Heh, I'd noticed the latest member was named Arrigo Sacchi.

Interesting challenge.