I.T. Geek Squads vs Hands-on Managers

Mactier

Reaction score
There are two lines of thought in FM as I see it. You can play FM traditionally by tweaking your own team instructions in-game, thus mimicking reality. Or load up "set'n'forget" tactics like TFF's famous series plus plenty of others.

Some people seem deeply involved in tweaking TIs' and at times changing formations during the match. But when I read the Tactic instructions by TFF and co. I get the impression the manager just wishes the lads "good luck out there today boys" and then shuffles off to the VIP lounge to sip on a latte and watch the game on the monitor rather than stand on the sidelines barking instructions, no match day involvement.

Q) "Is this how these tactic packages are supposed to be? No sideline managers? e.g. A full season of Counter x Very Fluid and a rigid defense line never changing it's depth etc?"

** When reading & hopefully replying keep in mind I'm only a novice with Football Manager, seeking answers to it's mysteries.

I personally can't fathom the idea of using a plug-and-play tactic, but tactics are probably the most interesting part of the game to me, so I'm not unbiased.