I thought i was good

• Thread starter Thread starter proflix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 6K

proflix

Reaction score
I have been playing fm / cm since cm2 i think it was (Old school fans will remember it was the green box one) and have become cocky in my skills to take pretty much any team to success. This year i started unemployed and ended up (as many others will have) with the AFC Wimbledon job, expecting realistically a season to steady the ship then look at promotion next season. Now i sit in relegation zone struggling to win a game... loosing 3 - 0 leads in the final minutes of the game andon the verge of sack (something which i havent suffered since probs fm07 - 08 time!

Firstly any other 'experienced' (I say that laughing whilst chuckling at what is left of my once large fm ego) players struggling?

And how are people doing in thei AFC Wimbledon and infact just their games in general.

yes everyone thinks there good or bad like you thought you were good but you're bad and I thought I was bad but randomly I turn out ok.

that nice but apart from reminded me im sucking at FM it doesnt answer any of my questions !

It seems this year's edition is a toughie. Struggled throughout pre-season with Arsenal (understandable). Made no big-name signings, fielded a very strong team vs. a mediocre (injured) Spurs team and I lost 3-0. Bale was uncontrollable.

I'm not embarrassed to say that I've suffered the same problem as you - built up a very good knowledge of FM, then it comes and spits in your face this year.

I'm doing well this year so far, 100% after a few games with Arsenal and 2nd in the league mid-season with Stalybridge. I guess you need the right team but I'm usually not great at FM games for the first couple of months so this might just be my year on FM.:D

It seems tougher this year (which is probably more realistic).

We have to earn respect of the dressing room - so team talks are often negative at the start
And tactics are harder

I've started OK as newcastle - 10 games in and sitting around 7th in the table - but fixture list starting to rack up, and lack of squad depth really hitting home

i ended up resigning on the verge of sack thought id save my honour haha! might hang out see if i get another job offer to give this game ago. Might be worthwhile starting at a bigger club and trying to get used to it! But yeah this year is a massive shock for those of us who have become lazy in our skills... Much needed re think and shake up i need

I think they have made it more realistic as opposed to the more accessible mode of FMC...

Im mean it was a bit unrealistic to think that over the past 4 years of my experience in the game that I could walk into almost any Lower League team and lead them straight to the EPL with back to back promotions...
Gone are the days you walk in build a new side and implement completely different tactics in less than six months/year...

Yeah thats what i need to learn! I just sucked at AFC wimbledon, gna see if i get another job on this one but in fairness i wouldnt touch me, on my record with wimbledon im probs the 2nd worst manager in history!

It's in beta. This is just a taster of the game and it's still pretty freaking buggy so I wouldn't be drawing any conclusios just yet...

It's in beta. This is just a taster of the game and it's still pretty freaking buggy so I wouldn't be drawing any conclusios just yet...

Does this mean it'll be easier when the full game is out ;)?

1m winning games 3/4/5-1 as wimbeldon only 4 or 5 games into season tho

Does this mean it'll be easier when the full game is out ;)?

Yes and no. I imagine that when things are fixed, it'll be much harder to beat AI teams as they'll actually do what they're told and you won't have defenders randomly gifting you possession and things like that. On the other hand, your tactics might actually work as intended...

Well at the minute, I seem to be DOMINATING teams like all game on posession, yet somehow losing 4 - 0

I think it's more difficult but I'm having my best ever first save.

Top of the league with a quarter of the season left with Dover. My 4-3-2-1 tactic is the best I've made, possession consistently above 60%, sometimes as high as 75. Brilliant.

Last edited:
truro.jpg

Obviously should have scored more goals. Oh well. Still 1st.

lol people complain that fm12 was too easy si have now made the game a little bit more harder people still complain

This year it feels like I have to re-learn the whole game again. Like yourself I have been playing since the CM days to now, and I am having a great deal of trouble finding consistency. I like the depth of the main mode it feels exceptionally realistic, but sometimes I feel it's lost a little bit of the fun factor too...

FMC mode is ok but it feels like I have to play too quickly...I think in all honesty once it's released and such we'll have a better view of the game as a whole and with a large majority of bugs/errors fixed we'll be able to get down to learning the mechanics better as there are a **** of a lot of changes.

Have to keep reminding myself too it's just the beta and too soon to judge this years FM.

That's just my opinion though....apologies if this was a little long winded.

Back