I thought i was good

• Thread starter Thread starter proflix
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 42
  • Views Views 6K
Certainly harder. Sitting 15th with Leicester and I am dominating possession in nearly every game, but I still lose a lot :P

Anyone else finding that you only seem to concede goals from crosses all the time? and also set pieces.
i just know that every time the opposition get the ball on the flank it will end up a goal from a cross. getting a little frustrating!

I spent 150m on my Arsenal team, bought Alaba, Götze etc. just to try the beta out. First game? 0-6 loss to Norwich. Game is bugged.
Tactics are seemingly useless and every action really does seem random to me. And not to mention that every team talk I give makes half my team get stressed. Ridiculous.

They should probably add the ability to select a difficulty to be honest.

But they couldn't... FM isn't about playing on easy or hard, you have to learn the game just as you would in real life! I can't wait for the day when we stop seeing players winning the league first season with Swansea on FM!

The whole match engine has had a massive ravamp. I think it's a lot more realistic this year.

Difficulty level is an absolute no no for me. footall management games are based on realism. You don't get a difficulty level option from boards in real life (good mornning joe blogs please select a level for your career and the players will play to that level for you) so there defo won't ever be one in this

I spent 150m on my Arsenal team, bought Alaba, Götze etc. just to try the beta out. First game? 0-6 loss to Norwich. Game is bugged.
Tactics are seemingly useless and every action really does seem random to me. And not to mention that every team talk I give makes half my team get stressed. Ridiculous.

its not that bugged. (though there def are bugs)

Team talks will go badly until you earn the respect of the squad. this takes a few games (in my newcastle save it was about 10 games in before things started to go green, and there's still quite a bit of red).

If you have international experience set in your original profile - then its much easier. If not then its more realistic

its not that bugged. (though there def are bugs)

Team talks will go badly until you earn the respect of the squad. this takes a few games (in my newcastle save it was about 10 games in before things started to go green, and there's still quite a bit of red).

If you have international experience set in your original profile - then its much easier. If not then its more realistic

agreed, if your losing its sumthing ur doing wrong and such, i hate peoiple that blame the game and say stuff is bugged wen its just them messing up

on a side note di matteo just bein sacked by chelsea after 15 games in the first season in my save, theyve lost 9 and are in 14th hahaha

Last edited:
i've received mixed blessings with a prem team, beat chelsea 2-0 then lost to spurs 6-2 cant understand where i went wrong

I really struggled with this beta so far in my first season, usually do really well either win prem or a cup of some sort and if do really well been known to win prem and champions cup in same season, but this time failed to make out of group and finished fourth in prem, it defo harder this one for sure lol.

on a side note di matteo just bein sacked by chelsea after 15 games in the first season in my save, theyve lost 9 and are in 14th hahaha

I played a few games with Chelsea just to see what they were like Torres is pretty poor in it so doesnt surprise me... I bought Cavani and shipped out Mikel as part of the deal...

Im going to play as Villa now until the main game comes out i Nov or mates decide which team we are all going to manage... I prefer the direction the game has taken this year IRL you cant just walk into any club and rip the whole team apart...

yh I've been struggling, started unemployed with past experience as professional footballer, took over ipswich when they were bottom and hadn't won in 5 games
I lost first 5 games trying different tactics, but then i changed to a simple deep 4231 using either counter or attack philosophy, without changing any sliders and its working well. Since then I've won 3, drawn 2 and lost 1. Still bottom tho and my job status is still very insecure.

I always play my first save as Man United, because I know I will never be able to just choose any team and win without gauging the new engine, finding out the tactical things with a team that can pull results even if you send them out with poor tactics.

This FM is a little harder, Team talks are impossible in your first team, half the time my United team switches off during them. There is a bit more difficulty overall which is nice and perhaps you underestimated this going in, for me in FM 2012 I won the EPL within 4 games of the end of the season, this time I required Spurs to lose and me winning on the last day to secure it.

My advice would be perhaps choosing a stronger team just to judge the way the game runs, I consider myself good at FM but would never attempt a save you're doing without seeing the game engine run first, that would be an exercise in frustration (for me at least)

So far i have actialy have no such problem as some of you aparently have, started whit tottenham and are using "JP`s germanstyle tacktick" from the 2012 verson as a baseline. (iIts a 4-2-3-1 formation). Specaly one change I have had succses whit is too make the sentral midfielders more defensive. Some off you said you get alot off the goals from the wingers, I too have noticed that, but its kinda expected when you have Bale and Ben Arfa on the sides and Adebayor and Dempsey lurking inside the box.
Ps: If you find some strange gramar, please just laugh off it :)

i started unemployed with sunday league rep and got a job with stalybridge, lot first game 1-0 but scored 24 in the next 5 games. Seem to be getting better and better the stronger they become with tactic. using 4231, with a ball winner and box to box in centre mid and everyone else as expected.

Back