i want my team to play like Swansea City

SAFC7

Reaction score
i just seen the cup tie between swansea city and fulham and i nearly **** the bed because of how good they play.(since i dont watch much of the championship since my team is in the prem) so how would i play like that on FM 09

attacking, quick tempo, short passing, plenty of width or with a slow tempo with direct passing???

ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS

Go on the data editor,from there you can find out Martinez's team instructions.

If you have the game you have the editor.Are you using steam?

---------- Post added at 03:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:22 PM ----------

Go to Computer>then C drive>Programme files>Steam>steam apps>common>football manager 09>tools>data editor.Double click to load it.You should first short cut it to desk top.
I have looked at my editor for you to find martinez's team instructions in case you having trouble:
Mentality 14
Creative freedom 14
passing 8
tempo 11
width 13
Closing down 8
time wasting 8
Defensive line 7
prefered formation 4-5-1 and uses a playmaker.

Last edited:
i just seen the cup tie between swansea city and fulham and i nearly **** the bed because of how good they play.(since i dont watch much of the championship since my team is in the prem) so how would i play like that on FM 09

attacking, quick tempo, short passing, plenty of width or with a slow tempo with direct passing???

ADVICE PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CHEERS

From watching the game I would say...

Short Passing, Wide, Slow Tempo

cheers jp woody cheers sean.

(to admins or moderators or who ever

you can get rid of this thread now or lock it if you want)

you alright lads,

can you explain to me how to find martinez' team instructions using the data editor. ive tried finding out myself but i've looked through everything on he'z profile and cant find none of the stuff that JP Woody has put up on here

;)Ill give you it step by step mate.
1.Load up data editor.
2.click onto clubs.
3.Where it says filter write Swansea City,then Enter.
4.Double click on Swansea now its loaded.
5.Click on staff and players,then click coaching staff.
6.You will see Martinez at the top of the screen next to a magnifying glass.
7.Double click Martinez and then click non player data.
8.Click on tactical attributes and your there.
That can be done for any managers team instructions.When you do it be aware Attacking means team mentality,flamboyancy means creative freedom,directness means passing,sitting back means time wasting and pressing means defensive line.
hope that helps.

Yeah it does thanks. sorry bout the private message, i should've given you more time to answer it on here. thanks and sorry again.

i loves supporting swansea we honestly play that well or better everyweek and i dont know how gomes got man of the match thats like the worst ive seen him play and he was still alright. we were'nt even boring before martinez trundle was soo amazing to watch supported them since like 2003 i cant believe how entertaining they've been, i just hate monk purely for his name haha

but yeah tactics i play with braintree town and this tacticc makes me play sesnsational football and win unbeaten except from f.a. cup lost to port vale after i got to the first round

yeah the tactic set your strikers and wingers to the target men and make sure you have a playmaker with high passing and creativity