I Want To Create & Editing A New Database File. Help Me, Please.

Darmon28792

Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I used Football Manager 2017 Editor, and I made a new patch Called "FM17 New Database Changes".
I have increased the number of teams in the big leagues (for example: 24 teams instead of 20 teams
in the Premier League; 22 teams instead of 18 teams in Bundesliga).
Also, I clicked on "Test Competitions" and "Run At A Time" in the Football Manager 2017 Editor, before I saved.

After I posted the patch at the Steam Workshop, I click on "Subscribe" to download the patch that I made.
When I start a new game, there was no change in my game database.
As well, I purchased the "Football Manager 2017 In-Game Editor" via Steam.

Is there any other way to Increase the number of teams in various leagues?

When you say you increased the number of teams, did you just add new teams to the league, or did you edit the nation's rules to allow more teams?

When you say you increased the number of teams, did you just add new teams to the league, or did you edit the nation's rules to allow more teams?

I'm added more teams to the league. I don't know how to edit the nation rules to allow more teams.

That's where the problem is then. I'd like to say its a simple job.

Load the editor.
Load the database.
Click on the 'Rules' menu (top) and choose 'Add Nation Rules'.
Select the nation you want to edit (eg. Germany) and select 'Add Lower Divisions...'.
Click on the 'Rules' menu (top) and choose 'Convert To Advanced Rules'.
Click 'Yes'.
Find the entry with just the nation's name (eg. Germany).
Click the arrow to the left to expand it.
Click on 'Required Teams' and change the 'Minimum Teams' and 'Maximum Teams' to your desired value.
Now find the league's name in the list on the left and expand its entry (may have more than one, like I said, it's not simple).
Click 'Stages' to expand it, then click the stage with 'League' in its title.
Click 'General' and about 6 entries down on the main screen you'll see a 'Number of Teams' box. Amened this one to your new amount.

NOTE: At this point, you may want to alter the prize money for the league as you've added new entries. To do this click 'League Settings' from the stage list on the left and scroll down to the Prize Money box. (1st place is Position 0, 2nd is Position 1 etc.) Just add new entries for each new place you've added.

Save your new rules by clicking 'File' at the top and then 'Save Editor Data As...'
Click 'Rules' a the top, then click 'Test Rules, then 'All'
Wait for the editor to run its test and then you're good to go (assuming it doesn't throw any errors at you).
You don't need to upload it to steam and then download it again to play it (that's silly!)
Just select the file from the dropdown menu in FM when you're starting a new career file.

You'll need to make a new file for each nation you edit.

Thanks for everything.

I finished preparing the patch, but when I played a new game, there was an error and it's told me that the game had stopped working and he could not find a solution to the problem.

What can I do in this situation?