i want to go from blue square bet to the PM. any tips?

Reaction score
Hi guys, so I want to start a save with BSBN/BSBS and move all the way up to the premier league. However, i've tried this before and miserably failed; I am not very good at either tactics or players. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to do this successfully, like what players, what tactics, how to manage finances, etc? I've only played with big clubs Chelsea and Bayern before.

Free agents are going to be one of your main tools while climbing up the league ladders. I'd suggest finding the strongest possible blue square bet team and then going for a 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 to start on, then go for an attacking balanced tactic and tweak from there.

For tactics the best way forward is to keep it simple. Choose one of the formations from the drop-down menu and make slight tweaks as you go along. Set player roles to what your assistant recommends and leave the player instructions as they are as this is what suits your players best. Also, try to be logical when making your team instructions; visualize how your team will play with the instructions you have set.

I started with Wrexham and won 3 consecutive promotions, mainly using a 4-6-0 with various tweaks from time to time. Struggling big time in the Championship due to not having any money to buy decent players with. Been relying on freebies and loans.

I do this every year with Stockport County. I would recommend using an attacking 442 until you get to the championship. Sign quick strikers with finishing over 10. Also wingers are very important, again they should be quick and have decent dribbling and crossing skills. I would recommend filter through the freeby list. Every year I also go through all the under 21 teams and under 19 teams to see if there are any good regens that don't have a club.

thank you guys, i'm still struggling because i suck though lol. will do my best ;)

Loans are a good shout aswell, I played a 4-4-2 with short passing and closing down always when I got st Neots to European cup

I currently doing this with Havent and Waterloovile(spelling could be wrong) started unemployed sunday league history currently sitting top of the blue sqaure south in Febuary 7 points clear. Highly recomend playing 4-4-2 with wingers. Has worked a treat and raid the free agent market

Bath Guide

i have done it with bath and have finished top 4 in prem last 2 seasons. the guide covers season 1 but follow the same principles and you should do well. just dont expect to get promoted every season

Attacking 4-4-2 seems to do the business. Started with Havant & Waterlooville yesterday and came top by 13 points - predicted finish 11th. I recommend looking at Scottish lower leagues as they have some decent freebies at the end of every season.

Attacking 4-4-2 seems to do the business. Started with Havant & Waterlooville yesterday and came top by 13 points - predicted finish 11th. I recommend looking at Scottish lower leagues as they have some decent freebies at the end of every season.

On my file im sure it was lower media prediction.. Im currently sitting top with Havant as well... You started the 2nd season?

yeah I'm 5 games in (W3 D1 L1, sitting in 2nd place), found it really difficult to get players too, ended up signing most of the players I got in on £650 p/w on key player squad status:/ Definitely keep Ollie Palmer and Ramsey too! I also kept hold of Arthur and Harris. Got a stupidly small squad though and can't seem to be able to get a parent club

Last edited:
yeah I'm 5 games in (W3 D1 L1, sitting in 2nd place), found it really difficult to get players too, ended up signing most of the players I got in on £650 p/w on key player squad status:/ Definitely keep Ollie Palmer and Ramsey too! I also kept hold of Arthur and Harris. Got a stupidly small squad though and can't seem to be able to get a parent club

Well what im trying to do is get myself to the top of the game not just at one club. So might stick here for another season and see what happens. Palmer and Ramsey are beastssss haha