Status
Not open for further replies.

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
So this year I am going to try having just one save. Its very ambitious, considering how easy it is to loose interest in a save, but I have decided that I will just resign from the club I am managing, and go somewhere different. I have previous experience of International management, which means I should be able to get a job at most clubs easily. Instead of me having an intricate back story, I will literally just be documenting how I get on. I will be looking for your input from time to time.

Ok, first things first, I am going to set myself some targets for the save. They are:
  • Win 10 Top Flight Titles
  • Win 10 Domestic Cup competitions
  • Win the Champions League 5 times
  • Win The World Cup
  • Manage Liverpool, Barcelona and England

So, now I have chosen my leagues, and made my manager profile, its time to pick a team!

View attachment 462016 View attachment 462015

It actually took a long time to decide who to start as. Last year I had a superb save with Dortmund, almost been there for 20 year on FM13, so I didnt want to do there, or Germany. I normally start in England, so I didnt want to do that. I had a great game as Barcelona in FM12, so not there. I then released that I have hardly had any success in Italy on any version of FM, so off to Italy I went. Again I had the choice of who to be, again another hard decision, but in the end I got there

Atalanta

8524_Logo.png

View attachment 462013View attachment 462014View attachment 462012

Team Name:
Atalanta
Nickname: Dea
Founded: 1907
Stadium: Atleti Azzurri d'Italia
Capacity: 24726
Media Prediction: 13th

I decided to pick Atalanta because they are a mid-table side. I have also never seen a story involving them, so I thought it would make a nice change. I will also be setting targets for every club I join, and my first season targets for Atalanta are:

• Finish above our media prediction of 13th
  • Reach the Quarter-finals of the Italian Cup

Key Players

View attachment 461845

Luca Cigarini is our key man in the midfield, and is a good all-around midfielder. He has good passing and creativity, and will hopefully create lots of chances. German Denis is our key striker and we will need him to be on form if we are to have a good season. And finally our goalkeeper, Andrea Consigli is another great player. Having started his career Atalanta, the local lad will be a positive influence on the squad.

Transfers

As I only got a small transfer budget, I knew I would have to sell to make some transfer funds. Unfortunately our players are worth next to nothing, even our best ones. In the end, I only let two players leave.
Moussa Kone and Maxi Moralez both left the club for a combined fee of 5 Million. Kone joined Sassuolo for 1 Million and Moralez joined Sampdoria for 4 Million.

With the money, I brought in Marco Capuano from Pescara for 2.4 Million. I got a great deal in Urby Emanuelson on loan from A.C Milan.

With all the money now spent, it is unlikely I will make anymore transfer before the close of the window.

View attachment 461846

I loved my Atalanta save in last years game. They always get great regens coming through. Good luck

I remember signing Capuano for Southampton on 13 he was a very solid buy. Like Klippy mentioned, Atlanta is a fantastic save i'll be keeping an eye.

Good luck, Serie A is quite different from other leagues I think as you never know where teams will finish (bar Juventus being near the top)

It's like Christmas morning when the stories get going again. Looking forward to another corker here.

I had a really fun Atlanta save on FM 13 so I will definitely be following.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thanks for the comments! Will be updating soon

Transfer Round Up

Its been a fairly busy transfer window this year, with several big money moves. Ever Banega moved from Valencia to PSG For a fee of 22.5 Million, and Andriy Yarmolenko also moved for a fee of 22.5 Million to Manchester City. Other big money moves included Antonie Griezmann moving to AS Monaco for 16.75 Million and Antonio Valencia joined PSG from league champions Manchester United for 13 Million.

I made no more incoming or outgoing transfers in the window.

Results

Its been an unbeaten start so far for us, but not a 100% winning one. My first competitive match was against Bari in the Italian Cup, and we ran out comfortable 2-0 winners. Next up came a thrilling opening game against Chievo. Six goals were scored in the game, with both teams taking three each. We came back from behind twice to secure a draw. Next up was a tough away game against Inter. It was a hard fought game, that ultimately ended in a draw. I think we slightly edged the match, but I cant complain with a draw

View attachment 461406 View attachment 461405 View attachment 461404 View attachment 461403

League Position: 14th

Player of The Month

View attachment 461402

Capuano is already starting to show why I decided to sign him. He has been in good form so far, and has also got two goals in two league games. Hopefully he can keep it up all season.

Results

Its been a mixed month this time around, with two wins and two losses. Our first game of the month was against rivals Torino, which me managed to win 1-0 in a rather tame affair. We then went to Fiorentina and lost 3-1. We were dominated the whole game, and only got one goal through Marco Capuano. We them improved massively and got ourselves an excellent 5-1 win against Sassuolo! Dennis got himself on the score sheet twice, and Canini, Livaja and Brivio getting themselves goals too. Oh and Sassuolo's goalscorer? Yup you guessed it, Moussa Kone. Our final game of the month was against Parma, and I was disappointed to loose 2-1. After being up 1-0 at half time, I felt we should have at least come away with a draw.

View attachment 461379 View attachment 461378 View attachment 461377 View attachment 461376 View attachment 461374

League Position: 11th

Player of The Month

View attachment 461371

Once again Capuano has been in great form, and also got himself another goal this month. He is looking like he is going to be a very solid buy

Results

It was a pretty poor month this time around, with us only winning one game. Two losses and a draw have seen us drop down into 13th in the league. The month started disappointingly with a 0-1 loss against Catania, a game which we really should be winning. We then had a tough away match against Roma which we lost 2-0. Despite the loss though, I was fairly pleased with my team, and Carmona even got the MoTM award. Our only win of the month came against Genoa in the form of a 2-1 win. Carmona got himself the MoTM award again and also got himself on the score sheet. And finally a 1-1 draw against high flying Verona was perhaps a fair result

View attachment 461335 View attachment 461334 View attachment 461333 View attachment 461332 View attachment 461331

Player of The Month

View attachment 461330

Despite a poor month, Carlos Carmona has player really well, getting himself the MoTM award it half the matches this month. I
received several offers for him over the summer, including a 5 Million bid from Ajax. Im glad I decided to reject them now

Results

It was a very tough month on paper, with games against A.C Milan and Juventus. I was only expecting us to one point this month, but I was delighted when we managed to pick up six! Or first game what a high scoring game against A.C Milan, which ended up with us loosing 4-3. Arguably we should have at least got a draw from the game, with Cigarini missing a penalty and Denis also hitting the crossbar. Next up I expected Juventus to pile on the misery, but amazingly, we managed to win! Carmora and Giogi got the goals for us. Finally we had a home game against Bologna in which we smashed them 4-1! It was a week for Bonaventura to remember after getting his for goal for Italy, and his first goal of the season for us.

View attachment 461250 View attachment 461249 View attachment 461248 View attachment 461247

League Position: 11th

Player of The Month

View attachment 461246

Carmona one again proved I made the correct decision not to sell him with another excellent month. He picked up the MoTM award in the games against A.C Milan and Juventus, and is proving to be a real asset to the side.

nice choice of team mate, if Bonaventura isn't already in your starting 11, look out for him, hes class

Good story mate can you put up your tactics and formation

Atalanta_TacticsOverview_zps59ba23b9.png

This is my normal formation, and has got me most of my results, but I have also been experimenting using a 5-4-1 system which has also won me a few games too

isn't that literally just loading up a 4-4-2 and that's it?

I have finally found a 4-2-3-1 formation that works and i find the 4-1-2-2-1 seems to be the best formation to use in this game..

isn't that literally just loading up a 4-4-2 and that's it?

I have finally found a 4-2-3-1 formation that works and i find the 4-1-2-2-1 seems to be the best formation to use in this game..

With a few player instructions added yeah pretty much. The other tactic I use is a lot more complex though

Results

Its been another pretty impressive month, which saw us slowly climb the table and make it through to the first round of the Italian cup. Our first game of the month saw our defenders come to our rescue, with Capuano getting his fourth goal of the season, and right back Raimondi scored a cracking long range shot to give us a 2-1 victory. Next up was the final qualifying round of the Italian Cup. An easy 3-0 victory against Verona saw us through. Next up was the only disappointing result if the month, a 2-1 loss against Cagliari. After going 1-0 up, I was really hoping we could hold on. Livaja gave us a good 1-0 win against Udinese before another cracking match against Napoli. Capuano gave us the lead after just 5 minutes, before Napoli started to dominate. They went 3-1 up after the hour mark, but a late surge from us almost saw us get back in the game, but we were only and to get one goal back meaning the game finished 3-2

View attachment 461151 View attachment 461150 View attachment 461149 View attachment 461148 View attachment 461147 View attachment 461146

League Position: 10th

Player of The Month

View attachment 461145

Once again Marco Capuano has been the best player this month. He has contributed another 2 goals to the team, and has again be holding the defense together. 2.6 Million well spent I think.

Start of Transfer Window

It is now the start of January and the transfer window is now open. Having no transfer or wage budget left I was expecting a quiet transfer window, but after a meeting with the board, they agreed to give me a 6.4 Million budget and increased my wage budget by 20k! If anyone has any recommendations, please let me know

Status
Not open for further replies.