Status
Not open for further replies.
Casemiro from Madrid, I picked him up for 2m.. Been very solid.

Transfer Dealings

As the chairman was very generous in giving me 6.4 Million to spend to strengthen the squad, thats exactly what I did. I brought 2 new players and also 1 on loan. I signed the mighty Kara from Genk for 3.6 Million and I also signed Betao on a free transfer. My final dealing was signing Matos Ryder on loan from Fiorentina. The fans werent too happy me signing a player from a rival team, but im sure he can show them his quality for us.

View attachment 461114

Results

Consistency is proving to be a very hard thing to come by right now. Every win we have is followed by a loss. Whilst im glad we are winning, it is so frustrating we seem to go on even a small winning streak. The month started with a tough away game in the Italian Cup against Roma. I was expecting a loss, but I was amazed when we won 4-0! Livaja was on fire in this game, and got himself a hat trick.

Obviously next came a loss, a 4-2 defeat away at Sampdoria. Liviaja was again in good form, getting both of our goals. Next up we showed our lethal side once more, with a superb 5-0 win against Lazio. New signing Betao scored from a corner, while my other January signing Ryder got himself on the score sheet twice. We then went and lost to Chievo 1-0 in a very uninteresting match.

Next up in the Italian Cup was an away game against Udinese. Again I was not expecting us to progress, but Marco Capuano had other ideas, and got 2 of the goals in a 4-2 victory. This result has put us into the semi-final of the cup!

Next came a loss to Inter Milan. The game finished 2-1, but we had every right to be disappointed with the result as we slightly edged it I feel. And finally the last game of the month saw us up against our rivals Torino. We managed to win the game in the 94th minute after Bonaventura scored a marvelous freekick.

View attachment 461113 View attachment 461112 View attachment 461111 View attachment 461110 View attachment 461109 View attachment 461108 View attachment 461107 View attachment 461106

League Position: 10th

(A.C Milan are in 16th!!!)

Meet The New Signings

View attachment 461105 View attachment 461104

These are two of the new signings I made, Ryder and Kara (For some reason I cant upload Betao properly :\) I have been playing Kara in the first team at CB, and I have been rotating Ryder on the left side of midfield. The have both been in good form so far, especially Ryder, who has got himself 3 goals for the team already

Results

Finally! We have done it. We are currently on a 7 game unbeaten run, winning 5 of the games in the progress. We started out with a 2-0 win against Fiorentina, with our 2 centre back signings, Kara and Capuano scoring the goals. We then had to play Juventus in the first leg of the cup, and we managed to go into the home tie with a 1-1 scoreline.

Our only disappointing result of the month was the 1-1 draw against Sassuolo, but I did rest lots of key players for the second leg of the cup tie which was just 3 days later. Amazingly, we managed to beat Juventus 4-1 at home and progress to the final! We have far exceeded my expectation of reaching the quarter-finals, and now have a tie in the final against league leaders Napoli.

We then had two 2-0 wins to end the month, one against Parma and one against Catania. If we can keep up this form, we may be looking at a place in Europe next season!

View attachment 461064 View attachment 461063 View attachment 461062 View attachment 461061 View attachment 461060 View attachment 461059 View attachment 461058

League Position: 6th

(A.C Milan are now in the drop zone!)

Player of The Month

View attachment 461056

Bonaventura has been superb this month, getting himself 2 goals and several assists. He is becoming a real asset to the team on the left wing.

Youth Intake Day

View attachment 461045

​Its my favorite time of the year, youth intake day. Considering it is my first ever youth intake on FM14, I am pretty pleased with it. I got 2 players rated 4-star potential and both have high determination. I have high hope for Fillppo Burnelli and Simone Raza. I will be training Burnelli as a striker, and I am probably going to train Raza as a winger, but I am not 100% sure yet.

View attachment 461044 View attachment 461043

Did you manage to keep hold of Pugliese? Also saw Kecskes is now part owned by Juventus on your save? How come you agreed?

Did you manage to keep hold of Pugliese? Also saw Kecskes is now part owned by Juventus on your save? How come you agreed?

Yes I kept hold of Pugliese, he looks as though he is going to be a quality player. And I wasnt too sure on Kecskes at the time, I wasnt sure how he would progress, but I am kinda regretting it now. I can always by the 50% back at some stage though

Results

What a superb month! 100% winning streak right now. 8 wins on the bounce has put us in 3rd position with 7 games to go. What an excellent time for us to hit top form. We started the month with a 3-2 victory over Roma, with Matos Ryder scoring a 94th minute winner to send our fans crazy. Next up a 3-0 win at Genoa and Denis got 2 goals and Carmona got the other.

We had another close game, again finishing 3-2, this time against Verona. Capuano got himself another goal, taking his league tally to 9 this season. Ryder also got another goal, while Bonaventura scored from the spot. Next up, a comfortable 3-0 win against struggling A.C Milan, a victory which put them back into the relegation zone.

Even the mighty league leaders Juventus couldnt end our winning streak. They came mighty close, but Denis scored twice and the winner came just 2 minutes from time. Denis now has 15 goals in the league (18 in all competitions) and is 2nd in the top scorer list, 1 behind Mario Balotelli (??? Da Fuq! Are A.C Milan broken or something?!)

View attachment 461014 View attachment 461013 View attachment 461012 View attachment 461011 View attachment 461010 View attachment 461009

League Position: 3rd

Player of The Month

View attachment 461008

German Denis has been in inspired form this month and has got 5 goals for us. His form is moving us up the table at rapid speed, and not only are we looking at a place in Europe, we are looking at a place in the Champions League!

What are your thoughts so far? What do you make of A.C Milan doing soo poor? Do you think they will actually go down?

Results

Our unbeaten run has finally come to an end, and so apparently has the high scoring games. Every match this month was either won or lost by just one goal. Complacency may have started to creep into the team, with two straight losses against Bologna and Livorno, two games we really should have been winning. We did get back onto winning ways against Cagliari, Udinese and finally Napoli.

The 1-0 win against Napoli was seen by many as a warm up match for the Italian Cup final which is the next game on the calendar. We did loose Carmona injury against Udinese, and he will be missing for the final which will be a massive blow. We have also now guaranteed a place in at least the Europa League next season.

View attachment 460979 View attachment 460978 View attachment 460977 View attachment 460976 View attachment 460975 View attachment 460974

League Position: 3rd!

Player of The Month

View attachment 460973

Once again Capuano is the player of the month. It was a fairly boring month overall, but Capuano was the stand out player in all the games.

Special Cup Update

We did it! We won! Its a fantastic achievement, and only the second time Atalanta have ever won the Italian cup. The last time they won it was in 1963. It was a very nervous match to watch, and I feared it would be one of them dreaded matches when you have 25 shots and the opponent have just 1 and win 1-0. It almost did happen, Napoli did have the ball in the net first but it was disallowed for offside.

German Denis ended his short goal drought to put us ahead, and Cazzorla got his first goal of the season to put the game to bed. Winning this was also extra special because Rafa Benitez doesnt seem to like me, and it will hurt him even more!

View attachment 460959

Results

There were just two games left of the season, and we managed to draw the first and win the last. Matos Ryder was in superb form against Lazio, and got himself a hat trick. Unfortunately it was in vain though, as the game ended 3-3. I would love to sign Ryder on a permanent deal, I was able to negotiate a deal for 6 Million for him, but I dont current have the budget available. The last game of the season we won 2-0 against Sampdoria.

View attachment 460952 View attachment 460951 View attachment 460953

Final League Position: 3rd

(A.C Milan only just escaped Relegation! 2 points away)

Season Review

I have to say it was an amazing season in which we smashed my pre-season expectations! Getting all the way to the final and winning it really was amazing. Also finishing in 3rd place and qualifying for the Champions League was also amazing. We were also awarded best team in Serie A. (Not sure how that works as we didnt win the league, but eh) Now comes the hard job of avoiding second season syndrome.

Marco Capuano and Carlos Carmona also got named in the Serie A team of the year.

Just had an offer from AS Monaco for Bonaventura which I managed to negotiate to 20 Million up-front and 7.5 over 12 months. Do I accept or not??

Transfer Activities

Ive been quick to make my transfer activity this window, and have already bought in 6 players. Amazingly Athletic Bilbao got relegated and half their team was up for sale. With Bonaventura on the brink of leaving the team, Iker Muniain was avaliable for just 12.75 Million! Their team is a goldmine of cheap players, and I also picked up Aduriz for just 550k and Iturraspe for 5.5 Million. I had lots of competition for Muniain, including Liverpool and Manchester United, and was amazing he decided to join us. We also signed Matos Ryder on a permanent deal for 4.8 Million and we got 100% ownership of Cigarini for 5 Million. We also got Jaume Costa on a free transfer and a few young kids for the future.

View attachment 460935 View attachment 460934 View attachment 460933 View attachment 460932

Any thoughts on my signings? Still got around 10 Million left to spend. Looking for a CM

I love this story. Reading every update! Your signings so far are really interesting. It's much funnier to read when you're not just signing what "everybody else" signs. It was lucky that Bilbao got relegated, though.

What about Pedro Obiang for your CM? Or Kondogbia? Every team could use their own little Yaya Toure. When's the next update coming out?

I love this story. Reading every update! Your signings so far are really interesting. It's much funnier to read when you're not just signing what "everybody else" signs. It was lucky that Bilbao got relegated, though.

What about Pedro Obiang for your CM? Or Kondogbia? Every team could use their own little Yaya Toure. When's the next update coming out?

Thanks mate, glad you are enjoying it :) next update will be tonight

Transfer Update

The Spanish influx continues, with yet another player joining from Athletic. Markel Susaeta is the last player to be bought in this transfer window. That brings the total of first team players up five now, with all of them being Spanish. I am hoping they will all be able to settle in quickly and help continue our excellent form of last year.

View attachment 460818

Crash dump! :( Looks like I will have more than one save

Status
Not open for further replies.