Iamauser's Top Tips, Helpful Hints and Other Useful Things

iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
Iamauser's Top Tips, Helpful Hints and Other Useful Things

As I seem to be enjoying FM this year, I have decided to make this thread to have all my little hints and tips for everyone instead of making a thread for each individual thing. I will be posting things such as recommended players, tactical hints, team guides etc. If there is anything that you specifically want me to cover, please let me know (remembering that I am not a tactical guru! But I will try my best). I will link each post I make into the categories below:

Recommended Players

Sergio Diaz
Joao Filipe

LLM Hints

Tactical Advice

Other Useful Things

I hope you all find this thread useful :)

Last edited:
Recommended Player - Sergio Diaz

View attachment 204515

My first recommended player of this thread is a young 17 year old who goes by the name of Sergio Diaz. The Paraguayan striker plays for Cerro Porteno. With some negotiating he can be picked up for less than £1 Million. The few drawbacks to start with are that he cannot go abroad for a year, and that he also will not get a work permit in England. However, look at the screenshot below and you can see just what a player he turns out to be!

View attachment 204517 View attachment 204518

He was valued at £32.5 Million for PSG, and I managed to pick him up for just £25 Million, with a work permit being no issue at all. He is definitley worth keeping an eye on for the first couple of years to see how he turns out.

He reminds me a little of the Paraguayan Michael Owen, but without the injury problems. In the future screenshot he has been mostly developed by AI, so with full human training he could turn out even better. Great Pace, good composure and good finishing gives you a great Poacher. He is unlikely to be a success as a lone striker due to his lack of physical presence, but stick a big striker up with him and he should perform well!

Rating - 9/10

Last edited:
Recommended Player - Joao Filipe

View attachment 204376

My next recommended player is another youngster who goes by the name of Joao Filipe. The 16 year old winger starts the game at Benfica. He is available to sign on a youth contract, however as he has only just joined Benfica he will not leave (I have tried with Liverpool, City, Bayern and Madrid), so he is one you will have to keep an eye on. The screenshot below shows how he has progressed.

View attachment 204378 View attachment 204375

He isnt an absolute world beater, but he does have good all around stats for a winger and he should do a great job for a top half Premiership team. He joined Bayern for £7 Million after a few seasons, and was very under played, so he could probably be improved better than this with human training. He is still only 22 also in my save, so probably will improve some more. In theory he should be able to be picked up quite cheap, and then sold at a much higher value in seasons to come.

Rating: 8/10

Last edited:
Love this sort of thread!

Will follow despite being in competition (K) to mine.

Just a little tip for anyone who is getting bored of the same transfers at the beginning of the game, simulate the first season. No two second season is the same