T1LL13

Reaction score
I have an idea (which has probably been tried a million times before) but i want to create a league system that incorporates all top league clubs in Europe, i.e. all clubs in EPL, Eridivise, La Liga, SPL, Bundesliga and so on, the teams would be seeded by their STAR rating provided by the game, it could be a massive 10 divisions but i think there is potential here for a decent database, only one prob........

im no good at the editor and looking for maybe some help from one of you useful chaps lol

Feel free to read an ignore, or point me in the direction of this database if it exists but i just thought it was a decent idea, just need some help with it.

Cheers

Any one willing to help me out with this?? I don't mind doing the leg work, just need some pointers for the league system!!

Cheers

from what i gathered sounds good, your saying the likes onf Man Utd, Celtic, Barca, Ajax, Dortmund etc. and have a leage setup so that maybe FC Bayern, Madrid & another team could be relegated to a lower league? something like that?

Reckon that would be a good idea but may take a long time

Hello T1LL13

I have created a European Super league (based on Juanicos idea, template and original work) with all the best teams from (nearly) every league in Europe, There are 4 Tiers:
Tier 1: Premier League
Tier 2: Second Division
Tier 3: 4 Regional Divisions: Mediterranean, Central, Eastern, Atlantic
Tier 4: 16 National Divisions: Europe split into 16 different 'national' leagues - some 'national' leagues are made up of more than one less reputable nations.

Tier 3 and 4 maintain a regional feel as much as possible (limited by the maximum number of teams allowed in each league).

I'm not sure if this is the kind of thing you are looking for, but If so, here is the link:

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=7355

James

Last edited:
Thanks guys, james i like that but rather than regional leagues i just wanted a straight up and down league system where in 10 seasons you could have a team from Romania playing a team from Denmark one week then the next a Portuguese team and so on!! I just need some one good at Editor to come in and help me out with this!!

I think it could be a good project and good database!! But as i said many times before, i need HELP with it!!

from what i gathered sounds good, your saying the likes onf Man Utd, Celtic, Barca, Ajax, Dortmund etc. and have a leage setup so that maybe FC Bayern, Madrid & another team could be relegated to a lower league? something like that?

Reckon that would be a good idea but may take a long time

Thats the idea mate yeah!! Big teams in wee divisions and Wee teams in big divisions!! Just need help lol

Should be quite easy to do with a simple straight up and down format, would also work well with a south american super league (also straight up and down) and continental competition I created so I'd be glad to help :)

Why not a Super European League, with the top teams from respective leagues being promoted into the league and teams finishing 2nd-20th being relegated back to their country's native league after one season.

The winner of the Super European League would play in a pre-season play-off against the team that won its country's league the preceding season for a place in the league. For example:

Manchester City won the Super Europe League in season 1, but lost in the pre-season play-off to Manchester United. Manchester United, therefore, take their place and will play the winners of the top 19 leagues in Europe:

League Line-Up Therefore Is:

Manchester United
Olympique Lyon
AC Milan
Real Madrid
Benfica
Bayern Munich
Ajax
Standard Liege
Sparta Prague
IFK Gothenburg
Oslo
Lech Poznan
Zenit St Petersburg
Dynamo Kiev
Olympiakos
Glasgow Celtic
Red Bull Salzburg
Dinamo Bucharest
Grasshoppers Zurich
Cork City

Should be quite easy to do with a simple straight up and down format, would also work well with a south american super league (also straight up and down) and continental competition I created so I'd be glad to help :)

Might take a bit of work mate, i can start work on the Leagues and teams for it and anything else you need to me do, if you have any editor experience then just tell me what i need to do and i can start working on it!! Glad iv at least got an offer of help.

Cheers

T1LL13,

I have started work on a 16 division European Super League - So far I've made all the divisions, put teams in the divisions and a few details such as TV money, I will continue working on it tonight and let you know how far I get later. Is there anything in particular you want me to include?

James

T1LL13,

I have started work on a 16 division European Super League - So far I've made all the divisions, put teams in the divisions and a few details such as TV money, I will continue working on it tonight and let you know how far I get later. Is there anything in particular you want me to include?

James

James,

No mate sounds pretty awesome didnt even realise you had started it!! What do think about the relegation/playoffs etc?? 3 up/3 down with a play off as well? make it interesting?

I was thinking about a side Cup type thing, for all the winners of the 16 divisions from the previous year?? Like a Champions league type thing, 4 groups of 4 then 2 from each go through, what do you think of that?

Do you have any other suggestions??

Cheers,
Scott

T1LL13,

James

Hi James,

How you getting on with this mate? Is there anything i can do to help you out? Or am i best just to leave you too it?

Cheers,
Scott

Hello Scott,

It's progressing very well, I've done nearly everything including:

16 Divisions: straight up and down relegation but divided into 4 subgroups - Premier A/B/C/D, Division 2A/B/C/D, Division 3A/B/C/D, Division 4A/B/C/D (this is to do with the cups on offer)
Premier Championship - Champions league style group stage + knock-out for 'premier division' clubs
Division 2 Championship - same but for 'Division 2' clubs
Division 3 Championship - same but for 'Division 3' clubs
Division 4 Championsip - same but for 'Division 4' clubs
European Cup - Knock-out competition for Premier, Division 2 and Division 3 teams (256 in total)

I like the idea of having a cup for all the winners of each league... only a couple things i'm not sure about, whether it will be unfair for the teams from lower divisions and whether I can squeeze another group stage competition into the fixtures. Maybe It could be a 2-leg/ neutral stadium knock-out system instead?

James

Another thing, for relegations I've done:

Leagues with 18 teams: 3 promoted automatically, 1 promoted through play-off, 4 relegated
Leagues with 20 teams: 3 promoted automatically, 1 promoted through play-off, 4 relegated
Leagues with 22 teams: 4 promoted automatically, 1 promoted through play-off, 5 relegated
Leagues with 24 teams: 5 promoted automatically, 1 promoted through play-off, 6 relegated

Hello Scott,

It's progressing very well, I've done nearly everything including:

16 Divisions: straight up and down relegation but divided into 4 subgroups - Premier A/B/C/D, Division 2A/B/C/D, Division 3A/B/C/D, Division 4A/B/C/D (this is to do with the cups on offer)
Premier Championship - Champions league style group stage + knock-out for 'premier division' clubs
Division 2 Championship - same but for 'Division 2' clubs
Division 3 Championship - same but for 'Division 3' clubs
Division 4 Championsip - same but for 'Division 4' clubs
European Cup - Knock-out competition for Premier, Division 2 and Division 3 teams (256 in total)

I like the idea of having a cup for all the winners of each league... only a couple things i'm not sure about, whether it will be unfair for the teams from lower divisions and whether I can squeeze another group stage competition into the fixtures. Maybe It could be a 2-leg/ neutral stadium knock-out system instead?

James

James

All sounds excellent mate. There is a total of 256 teams? Wow lol

How about my idea for a Winners Cup, do it as a preseason thing, i mean there is only 16 teams which is 8v8 then 4v4 then 2v2 and the final its only 4 games? just make them one leg affairs like mini cup finals, spread it over like 10 days or something, kind of like a SuperCup type thing?? Your thoughts??

Scott

That sounds good I will try to implement it, if you send me your email via pm I will send you what I've done so far and you can give some feedback :)

That sounds good I will try to implement it, if you send me your email via pm I will send you what I've done so far and you can give some feedback :)

Will do mate, would be great to have a wee look at it!!

Cheers

Let me know if that email goes ok mate!!

I sent you my email already, do you have it??