if Fabregas goes to Barca next year, will Xavi stay or go

aldorain

Banned
Reaction score
Because they are similar players playing in similar position, except for the fact Fabregas is way younger. Do you think Xavi could part ways with Barcelona, its very unlikely but I want opinions

dont see it imo he has been there all his career. I think he will finish his career at barca

He'll end his career with Barca, no question whatsoever.

He will stay and they will play a 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 with the midfield like this;

Pedro - Fabregas - Xavi - Iniesta

Villa - Messi

or

Pedro - Fabregas - Xavi - Iniesta

Messi

Villa

Fabregas will be bench warming as Xavi is the best cm in the world

Who will defend in that midfield? He won't go there till Xavi is past it so to speak. Don't think he wants to sit on the bench for Spain an Barca. That's my opinion.anyway

cesc won't go to barça or at least he shouldn't. Barça don't need him so far and they have thiago alcantara who will be the next xavi. they shouldn't spend 50 mio on a player they don't really need.

There's no way in **** that Xavi will ever leave Barcelona.

If Cesc goes to Barca and they dont change their formation he start(with the exception of bans and injuries) until the day Xavi retires

Of course not. Fabregas will be the bench player, then when Xavi retires at Barca he'll come into the team.

Fabregas wouldn't get into the first-choice Barcelona XI.

Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro and Messi (arguably considered a striker now) leave no room for him, and fit the system completely. The only way Cesc would be able to start would be if one of these players was injured, or in a couple of years when Xavi begins the inevitable decline.

Some might argue that Fabregas would get into the team ahead of Sergio Busquets; I disagree, because having watched the majority of the Barcelona games in the Champions League over the past couple of seasons (with him starting the vast majority), I've begun to notice not only does he offer a holding role within the midfield, but his ability to spread the ball across the field is also impressive.

Fabregas wouldn't get into the first-choice Barcelona XI.

Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Pedro and Messi (arguably considered a striker now) leave no room for him, and fit the system completely. The only way Cesc would be able to start would be if one of these players was injured, or in a couple of years when Xavi begins the inevitable decline.

Some might argue that Fabregas would get into the team ahead of Sergio Busquets; I disagree, because having watched the majority of the Barcelona games in the Champions League over the past couple of seasons (with him starting the vast majority), I've begun to notice not only does he offer a holding role within the midfield, but his ability to spread the ball across the field is also impressive.

Abso-******-excatly

I agree that Fabregas wouldn't have a starting place if he'd go to Barca, but they do seem to want him.

So, they'll either adjust their formation and fit him in or they'll sell someone.

Because, Xavi has a contract that can be extended up to 2016 and I don't see Fabregas warming the bench for 5 years.

Why would Barca disrupt the perfect system they have now? Why bench Iniesta or Xavi for Fabregas? Why change their formation just to accommodate a new player? More importantly, how could they possibly fit Cesc into Barca? By going to a 4-4-2 and benching Pedro? Absolutely ludicrous! If you've watched more than one game of Barca all season you'd know that Pedro has been absolutely incredible and more useful to Barca right now than Cesc is. This makes no sense whatsoever. Cesc would be like Masch, unable to get a game.

Cesc will come to Barca for sure, to be Xavi's replacement. But since pace isn't too important in Xavi's game, I could see him continue to be as amazing as he is for another 2-3 seasons. Cesc will go to Barca then.

Anyways, Barca needs a few seasons to save money for him.

Oh, and if you mean Cesc replacing Busquets, terrible idea. Cesc isn't a DM and it would be a waste of his talents. More importantly, Busquets fits into Barca perfectly and plays their DM role perfectly, playing as a third CB. If Mascherano can't get a game in as Barca's DM, Cesc won't.

The formation above, putting Pedro, Cesc, Xavi, and Iniesta in the midfield would be horrible as none of them play defense. Anyways, it makes no sense to completely disrupt the amazing synergy they have right now to fit in some other player.

Last edited:
I agree that Fabregas wouldn't have a starting place if he'd go to Barca, but they do seem to want him.

So, they'll either adjust their formation and fit him in or they'll sell someone.

Because, Xavi has a contract that can be extended up to 2016 and I don't see Fabregas warming the bench for 5 years.

He'll be way too old then. 1-2 more years for Xavi.