ThatManSam

Reaction score
New to this site but I want to start a story which, hopefully, you all will follow. I'm going to try and write this story with news updates like SkySports & BBC but also from the managers point of view, will be tricky but I'm going to do my best.

==================================

Chapter One: Im Out!

"Sir, Why have you done this? I didn't authorize these. Those players YOU sold, I wanted to keep because they were part of my plans next season"

"Arsene, you have to understand our frustrations here, these players you brought in to 'improve the squad' made no difference last season whatsoever. You told us that if we provided you with funds, you will bring players in to challenge the top three, but we barely managed fourth place.

We personally spoke to the players and they seemed unhappy with the lack of success they have had. This is our club, so we took matters into our own hands, the deals we got for these players in our eyes, were perfect for our club"

"I understand that you were disappointed with last season. I thought, with the players we had, that we could challenge the top teams, maybe even the title, this season though I was going to strengthen the team a lot, but you sold 2 of our key players"

"The money we got for these players, I was going to let you spend on players on top of the budget we provided for you. That is more than enough to improve the team"

"No, with everything that has gone on, I can't accept what you done, you need to trust me and not go behind my back, here I was enjoying a holiday in Greece, when I get a call from Steve to say that you have sold these players. I'm not having that, so with that being said, I'm handing in my resignation, If this is the way you want to run the club, I don't want to be part of it"

images

BREAKING NEWS:

Arsene Wenger has resigned as Arsenal manager. Sources close to the club have said that, Arsene & the board fell out over the transfers of Theo Walcott, Giroud & Mertesacker after the board sold all three players without Arsene's permission. The club have declined to comment.

Chelsea signed Theo Walcott from Arsenal for a reported £30m while Mertesacker moved to Real Madrid in a £15m move, while French striker Olivier Giroud moved to cash rich Monaco in a £18m deal. We will have more on this story as it comes in.

Meanwhile.......

"Stan, I am going to take a new approach on who I employ as manager. Instead of hiring a well known manager who everyone knows is brilliant, I am going to do something a little different. Hire someone who is new to management..."

"Are you sure? That could backfire drastically sir"

"I'm 100% sure this is what I want to do. I am actually going to phone him now, will you please close the door on your way out, thank you"

Stan began to walk out the door. As he did, he began to think who the chairman possibly had in mind of hiring as manager.

"Good afternoon, Da-........"

This is all Stan heard. The start of a sentence growing fainter and fainter till the door slammed shut. The start of a mans name being said just as the door was closed. If only he had taken his time walking out, the Director would have known who the Chairman was speaking to. Who could he possibly be talking to that he doesn't want me or anyone else to know? It must be a surprise choice.

He then began to press his ear close to the door to listen to anything that will give away on who he was talking to. Waiting in anticipation, he began to feel like a kid at Christmas wondering what he had got. He saw the chairman approach the door but luckily for Stan, he turned as he opened the blinds. Peering back over the doors window to see the Chairman walk over to the other side of the room, he caught a glimpse of the name on the front of the folder that was laying on the desk, he gasped and began to walk away with a shiver running down his spine knowing who Keswick was on the phone to. He couldn't believe who will become the new manager of Arsenal FC.......

Last edited:
Chapter Two: The Beginning

The Chairman of Arsenal FC stood before the rest of the board with a huge great smile on his face. The rest of them wondering why he is so happy. They all took their seats for the meeting that Keswick called. The announcement was about to made.

"Thank you guys for attending this meeting at such late notice. Now, I'm sure you all know Arsene resigned, this was his choice not mine, there was a big miss-understanding and he said he didn't want to be apart of this club no more. I have called a Press-Conference here for 3pm and you will find out then, but I'm sure you will respect my decision, unlike a certain someone did.

"Sir, tell us who it is now, is it Tony Pullis?"

*Laughs*
"No, Its not him. Where he is a quality manager and experienced, he's not somebody who I think the fans will like. Anyway, press-conference at 3pm, I need to go and get everything set up"

As Keswick departed the meeting room, discussions started going on between the group. Would they really appreciative Keswicks' decision on who he has chose to replace Wenger? They all started to speculate with names, but the truth lays just a few hours away.
The Press Conference.....
file.jpg

Keswick: "Thank you everybody for being here. I have called this press conference to unveil our new manager. I thought hard about this and, I know alot of eyebrows will be raised but I'm sure he will be the right man to lead us to where we want to be"

Reporter: "Did Wengers resignation have anything to do with Walcott, Giroud & Mertesacker leaving?"

Keswick: "I am not going to answer any questions regarding Arsene. Whats happened has happened. Anyway, Please would you give a warm round of applause for......MR DAVID BECKHAM!
.....you may now ask questions"

*Applause*

Sun newspaper: "David, whats it like sitting here as manager of Arsenal?"

DB: "Well first, thank you for the welcome and Its a huge honour. I would like to thank the chairman for this opportunity and I trust he has done the right decision"

BBC: "Given your status as a former Manchester Untied legend, do you think the fans will appreciate this?"

DB: "I hope they will look beyond that. I am a professional and I will approach my job in the same manner as I would if I was anywhere else"

Sky Sports: "Are you going to strengthen the squad given the latest departures?"

DB: "I am aware of the recent activity here and the chairman has backed me with my project I want to create here, there are funds available to strengthen and ultimately this summer, that is my goal"

TalkSport: "Arsenal haven't won a trophy for a number of years now, will you prioritise winning a Cup over a good League finish?"

DB: "With the squad I will hopefully be able to put together, I am confident that we will be able to not only finish in a strong League position but also have a chance at delivering some silverware".

Keswick: "Thanks everyone that is all the questions for now"

After a press conference in which, David Beckham, the new Arsenal manager, was asked some tough questions, the real work started now. First he would need to speak to the Chairman regarding his season expectations. There were alot of surprised faces around after that unveiling. The board wondering why David had been chosen as manager, but they will have to respect the decision and get on with it.

David had an illustrious career with United, Madrid, Milan, LA Galaxy and PSG, As a footballer, he was remarkable, but no one knows what he is like as a manager. This is his very first job in management and it is going to be a real test. Will he be able to change Arsenals fortune around or will he fail? The hard work has just started and boy, has he got a challenge ahead of him.

Last edited:
Chapter Two: The Beginning

The Chairman of Arsenal FC stood before the rest of the board with a huge great smile on his face. The rest of them wondering why he is so happy. They all took their seats for the meeting that Keswick called. The announcement was about to made.

"Thank you guys for attending this meeting at such late notice. Now, I'm sure you all know Arsene resigned, this was his choice not mine, there was a big miss-understanding and he said he didn't want to be apart of this club no more. I have called a Press-Conference here for 3pm and you will find out then, but I'm sure you will respect my decision, unlike a certain someone did.

"Sir, tell us who it is now, is it Tony Pullis?"

*Laughs*
"No, Its not him. Where he is a quality manager and experienced, he's not somebody who I think the fans will like. Anyway, press-conference at 3pm, I need to go and get everything set up"

As Keswick departed the meeting room, discussions started going on between the group. Would they really appreciative Keswicks' decision on who he has chose to replace Wenger? They all started to speculate with names, but the truth lays just a few hours away.
The Press Conference.....
file.jpg

Keswick: "Thank you everybody for being here. I have called this press conference to unveil our new manager. I thought hard about this and, I know alot of eyebrows will be raised but I'm sure he will be the right man to lead us to where we want to be"

Reporter: "Did Wengers resignation have anything to do with Walcott, Giroud & Mertesacker leaving?"

Keswick: "I am not going to answer any questions regarding Arsene. Whats happened has happened. Anyway, Please would you give a warm round of applause for......MR DAVID BECKHAM!
.....you may now ask questions"

*Applause*

Sun newspaper: "David, whats it like sitting here as manager of Arsenal?"

DB: "Well first, thank you for the welcome and Its a huge honour. I would like to thank the chairman for this opportunity and I trust he has done the right decision"

BBC: "Given your status as a former Manchester Untied legend, do you think the fans will appreciate this?"

DB: "I hope they will look beyond that. I am a professional and I will approach my job in the same manner as I would if I was anywhere else"

Sky Sports: "Are you going to strengthen the squad given the latest departures?"

DB: "I am aware of the recent activity here and the chairman has backed me with my project I want to create here, there are funds available to strengthen and ultimately this summer, that is my goal"

TalkSport: "Arsenal haven't won a trophy for a number of years now, will you prioritise winning a Cup over a good League finish?"

DB: "With the squad I will hopefully be able to put together, I am confident that we will be able to not only finish in a strong League position but also have a chance at delivering some silverware".

Keswick: "Thanks everyone that is all the questions for now"

After a press conference in which, David Beckham, the new Arsenal manager, was asked some tough questions, the real work started now. First he would need to speak to the Chairman regarding his season expectations. There were alot of surprised faces around after that unveiling. The board wondering why David had been chosen as manager, but they will have to respect the decision and get on with it.

David had an illustrious career with United, Madrid, Milan, LA Galaxy and PSG, As a footballer, he was remarkable, but no one knows what he is like as a manager. This is his very first job in management and it is going to be a real test. Will he be able to change Arsenals fortune around or will he fail? The hard work has just started and boy, has he got a challenge ahead of him.

Last edited: