If I pre-ordered the game now would I instantly get the beta code?

Miuzi

Reaction score
Title says it all, just a quick question.

Thanks.

Yes you will. I only bought mine yesterday through steam. If you buy it through steam you will instantly be able to download and install Now waiting for Beta code

You bought it yesterday but still haven't got your code?

Also doesn't buying it from Steam mean I don't get the disc copy? Isn't it just the downloaded copy?

Also doesn't buying it from Steam mean I don't get the disc copy? Isn't it just the downloaded copy?

It is digital download yes. It's in game library

Last edited:
Yes you will. I only bought mine yesterday through steam. If you buy it through steam you will instantly be able to download and install Now waiting for Beta code

If you buy it through Steam it should add it to your Game Library and you should be able to download it immediately. No waiting for a beta code to be sent.

Yes it is downloadable only. If you buy it form us at FM-Base (it's £3 cheaper than Steam) you will get sent a code which you redeem in Steam to download the game.

Digital download hmm, isn't that risky somehow? Or is that me being silly because it's only 30 quid and if my laptop broke (bought a new one yesterday for 800 quid) then all I have to do is pay a new 30?

Digital download hmm, isn't that risky somehow? Or is that me being silly because it's only 30 quid and if my laptop broke (bought a new one yesterday for 800 quid) then all I have to do is pay a new 30?

No lol. No risk at all. It won't break your laptop lol

I know the game wont, I could though haha.

Okay fair enough, I'll digital download it. This Laptop has 1TB of memory and nvidia 650 with 2GB dedicated graphics so should run FM like a dream :p

Once you've bought it once you can download it as many times as you like. So if your laptop breaks you can just download the game again.

I know the game wont, I could though haha.

Okay fair enough, I'll digital download it. This Laptop has 1TB of memory and nvidia 650 with 2GB dedicated graphics so should run FM like a dream :p

Ah I see. Sorry mate-not enough coffee lol

You can download the game as often as you want. It gets linked to your Steam account so you can just log in to your account and download it again if you ever get a new computer.

Plus if you do want a disc version for your collection, just wait until next year and pick up a copy for pennies on eBay.

Once you've bought it once you can download it as many times as you like. So if your laptop breaks you can just download the game again.

Oh good stuff, cheers Lee. I will download it now then and get playing the Beta :p

Ordered mine through Amazon got code ten min later and dowloaded demo through steam wth code, job done....

Good idea that, would be needed to go with my collection since the early days :p

I meant to say NO waiting not now waiting lol

Right i've just purchased it from Steam, how do I find out my code?

Sorted, game is now downloading. Scheduled to take around 35 minutes.

Cheers lads!

I haven't had time to get really into FM2013 yet but I downloaded it about 36 hours ago (purchased through FMbase) and I was able to download and install it right away. I haven't gotten 6 months into my season yet nor have I received an email with a beta code. Do I have anything to worry about?