If Steam Can't Find The FM 2010 Disc Please Look Here (no disc found error)

Sean

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you use Steam to play FM 2010 and you are getting the no disc found error then please do the following..

Step 1

On the Steam My Games tab right click on Football Manager 2010 and click Delete Local Content...

SS_2009-10-31_13-18-37.png

Step 2

Once deleted. Right click again on Football Manager 2010, which should now be under the NOT INSTALLED heading, and choose Install Game...

SS_2009-10-31_13-20-27.png

DONE

Once installed Steam will download the 10.1.0 patch automatically and patch the game for you.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO MANUALLY INSTALL THE 10.1.0 PATCH - THAT IS WHAT CAUSED THIS PROBLEM IN THE FIRST PLACE

Yup, all blame to SI on this one. I had this problem, and seeing as I had the patch downloaded I opened it up and it told me that my game needs to be patched so I did it. After that it would pop up the no disc error.

Sean

can you expalain dis problem better. i dont understand.

Sean

can you expalain dis problem better. i dont understand.

Right, did you install FM10 with steam.? if so when it installed and you went to play it did it say no disk or something like that.

If it did do what the guide says and it will work

If you open up FM 2010 with Steam and you get an error asking you to insert your FM 2010 DVD then this is the solution for that problem.

thanks for saving my life Sean. Thanks. Thanks. Thanks

can anyone plz explain to me how to instll the game via steam or anything else. so it works

All u do is, activate product code, put it in (on back on fm book)
This is found in my games on steam
Then will start downloading and u dont need the disc :)

wer do i found the product key and how.

Your product code is on the back of the booklet inside the DVD case.

So if you just need the code to register it and play what's the disk for ? are you just paying out for a code number. Foxycfc says u don't need disk. I am getting my game with Zavvi and still waiting to recieve it, what is the best way to install it, i have read you can install game from disk saying your offline, so dose this work ok or will i need to use steam who i personally hate using and think this idea to use them was a bad one in the first place.

Last edited:
You can install it without using Steam but you will need the disc if you do it that way. Steam allows you to play FM on any computer anywhere you go as long as you log into your Steam account.

No it wont delete your save games or downloaded graphics etc...

Right cheers Sean just i was finishing for the night and it came up saying it could not find the disk as my cd drive is a ***** atm hence why I am using steam for the game

I get this problem when I start up FM. I HAVE NOT installed the game via steam and wish to remain offline because my games computer is not connected to the net.

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can fix this problem?

Me too, I installed it without Steam and I get the same problem...please help someone.

Problem with non steam version

Im not using steam version but i also face problem like this(no disk found). somebody please help me.

Last edited:
If I have already installed fm offline with the disk can I install online on another computer and then 2 people can play fm with one disk?

Hey Guys,

I bought FM2010 by direct Download through Game.co.uk and It worked fine before patch and now wont work. Now I know there is a solution for Steam but does anyone have any ideas how I get around this problem?

Any help would be most appreciated.

John