Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

If you could manage a team in Real Life who would it be......

• Thread starter Blackhawk22
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 3K
B

Blackhawk22

We hear about these people who apply for proper manager jobs on the basis of having played Footy Mngr for years.
If you had the chance to manage a real life team, who would it be and what changes would you make to the team.

Reaction score
Either Wrexham (cos i support them), or AC Milan because most of the players i admire already play for them (Pirlo, Gattuso, kaka, Inzaghi, did include Shevchencko before he joined chelski).

The trequartista
Reaction score
I'd pick Nottingham Forest, then let my real life management skills take them down a few more divisions.

B

biggaz

Blackhawk22 said:
We hear about these people who apply for proper manager jobs on the basis of having played Footy Mngr for years.
If you had the chance to manage a real life team, who would it be and what changes would you make to the team.
Chelsea, anybody could do that job :D

Reaction score
I'd manage Leeds and buy some decent players in the transfer market instead of pieces of **** that blackwell buys.

Reaction score
Im sure most ppl would pick the team they support.

Reaction score
i support man utd, but i would like to have a go at portsmouth. keep harry as my assistant and win the league!

Reaction score
id manage newcaslte and see if its possible to do worse than souness

id give it a mighty good try

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Trav said:
i support man utd, but i would like to have a go at portsmouth. keep harry as my assistant and win the league!
Obviously you mean finish joint top of the league but with a lower goal difference than Man Utd? Some fan :p

like a (super) mod
Reaction score
I'd go Chelsea....they must pay you the best wage

Reaction score
i would go Hearts but after Romanov sacks me i would go anyone that would take me tbh.

Reaction score
Leeds United because they are my fav club. Or Portsmouth because of that billionaire they have. Or Barcelona because it would be great to be part of that brilliant football they play.

Reaction score
Man Utd cos i support them, but if not them then Pompey, it seems to be good to be a pompey manager at this moment in time.

J

*J*

Kris said:
i would go Hearts but after Romanov sacks me i would go anyone that would take me tbh.

How long till the new guy gets the sack? :worried: i hate ramanov :irked:

Reaction score
Dream team...

i would say my dream team is REAL MADRID C.F. Why? you know why,the greatest team in the world...best club in 21st century...

A

Aphrika

I'd pick a small, unknown, financially broke, aged care home over 70's ping pong club and steal their vitamins as payment for my troubles. If they agree to a long term contract.

Reaction score
i would manage a non-league team like worcester city or crawley, then there would be no pressure.

C

cglavin4

non league

Non-league!!!! No pressure!! are u being stupid! theres pressure at every club!! non-league or not!! that annoys me in some cases, cos everyone believes that the non league is just mickey mouse and stupid!! but, look at the players breaking thru, jermaine beckford at leeds, dj campbell at b'ham. lots of players r breaking into the fold and 4 players that just cant mke it into league or players coming down frm league! id manage worksop town and keep my dad as assistant

Lee

Administrator
Reaction score
Has to be Happy Valley for me.

Why?
  1. Possibly the greatest team name ever.
  2. Dominant force in Hong Kong football at the moment.
  3. Have a brazilian player called Rambo.

What more could anyone want? :)

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Money would be nice :p