jpflfc96

Reaction score
Liverpool sack Brendan Rodgers

LiverpoolFC have today confirmed that Brendan Rodgers has been relieved of his duties as manager after just one year in charge. Owner John W Henry said that a poor league showing, finishing in seventh place, and the overspending on 'sub-standard' transfers. Philippe Coutinho and Daniel Sturridge flourished after Januar, but Rodgers spent nearly ?30m on ex-Swansea stars Joe Allen and Fabio Borini, who both flopped in their first season in charge. It has been announced also that Borini will join Sunderland on a season long loan.

The odds for the next manager place Michael Laudrup as favourite at 4/1,with Liverpool reserves boss Josh Feehily at 9/2 to gain a promotion.Recently retired defender Jamie Carragher is 300/1 to take the position. Liverpool have declined to make any further comment on the matter.

This is obviously a Liverpool story which will be made up of both news articles and first person analysis.

Good luck, used to support Liverpool alongside Cardiff so this should be a good read (2007 Carling Cup match changed my opinion, I still don't mind them though).

Good luck, used to support Liverpool alongside Cardiff so this should be a good read (2007 Carling Cup match changed my opinion, I still don't mind them though).

Been a Liverpool fan all my life but never really manage them on FM because I like Rodgers, although he always seems to get sacked!

Aims for the first season: Top 4 and possibly the Capital One Cup. FA Cup semis would be nice and with us not in Europe, I think we have a decent chance.

Liverpool appoint Feehily as manager

Liverpool have today confirmed that they have appointed 45 year old Josh Feehily as manager on a one year deal. The Englishman replaces Brendan Rodgers who was sacked after just 12 months in charge.

Josh Feehily will be thrown right into the deep end, with his Liverpool side having to play Tottenham, Manchester City and Chelsea in his first five league games. They will also play Swindon away in the Capital One Cup, a competition Feehily believes his side can do well in, “we have a good chance, we play less games than the teams in Europe and we have a good strong squad, but there are areas that could be improved. We also have to remember we will be without one of the best players in the world for the first six games, and the lads will have to learn how to play the 'Josh Feehily way'”.

Liverpool chiefs have promised Josh Feehily time to get it right, and are not expecting a quick fix, and chairman Tom Werner has asked fans not to expect too much too soon, “I believe Josh plays a similar way to Brendan Rodgers so this means the transition period won't be too long. But of course when a new manager comes in, it takes a while for the players to settle and adapt to a new system. Don't expect to be top of the league in November, we'd be happy in the top 8.”

Josh Feehily has already made his mark, sacking Colin Pascoe as assistant manager, replacing him with Brazilian Tata. He has also said negotiations with 'two or three' players are ongoing.

View attachment 434693

This is the tactic I'm going to use. A fluid attacking style but hoping to be good in defence. As you can see we're far from fluid with the tactic but hoping they will pick up soon enough. Currently starting Sturridge up front but don't know who to put at right wing when Suarez returns. Suggestions would be nice.

View attachment 434690

Transfers this summer. I signed Gaitan as I feel we are a bit weak on the left hand side with just Sterling and Moses. Coutinho could play there and have Alberto through the middle but I need Coutinho behind the striker. For ?7m I thought it was a good price. Also, I needed that little bit of a creative spark in the DLP position, both Henderson and Allen are verging on average, whilst Gerrard's getting on a bit but is still useful. Badelj is a good playmaker and again the price seems decent. Loaned out youngsters to get first team experience as I feel some will be useful next season. Coming up: ​pre-season.

Last edited:
Not bad ill follow mate but maybe make the screenshots bigger... to do so just simply double click the image and select the size i find medium best but its upto you ;)

Pre-season results:

Liverpool 2-1 Liverpool U21s - Sturridge (34, 90+2) | Yesil (5)
Liverpool 1-1 CSKA Moscow - (Suarez 17) | (Gonzalez 68)
Lierse 0-3 Liverpool - Alberto (pen 10), Losada (og 24), Sturridge (81)
Nimes Olympique 3-0 Liverpool - Nouri (29, 42), Ogounbiyi (62)
Liverpool 2-1 Schalke 04 - Sinclair (42), Trickett-Smith (87) | Neudstadter (86)
Gaziantepspor 0-1 Liverpool - Skrtel (64)

Not the worst pre-season ever, dominated all of the games and the Nimes game we conceded from 3 corners! We had more possession in all of the games and should have scored more. Seeing as we are nowhere near fluid in our tactics it was quite encouraging. Would you like results to have screenshots and text or just text?

Not bad ill follow mate but maybe make the screenshots bigger... to do so just simply double click the image and select the size i find medium best but its upto you ;)

Thanks! Sure thing thanks for the advice, I was rushing to post something because it had been a day haha

Cheers mate! I was looking at it last night and I think the graphics are awesome! You haven't lost enough games 6-0 and 5-0 to be AVB though :p great signings and you're pretty much dominating the league.
AC are a good team, and if you look at AVB when he was at Porto thats the AVB im trying to be, so hopefully i can keep the run going