I'm a **** manager and wish to make it known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tafftalk

Reaction score
I'm useless.

Been manging NYRB in the MLS, up until June we were King **** winning everything and getting good results against superstars like LA Galaxy (a 2-2 draw), and since our loss to Kansas City I haven't won a game since the tail-end of June (a 1-0 win over Houston than to an own goal), It is now October and we have drawn 9 games (0-0) and lost 3 (5-0, 3-1, 1-0), every single game for last 11 games (including US Cup matches) somebody gets injured for 4 weeks, sometimes 2 a game.
We got to the final of the US Cup (back when we were playing good), we are 3rd in the league but I have given up hopes of going anywhere as all moral is either 'Okay', 'Poor' or 'Very Poor' and as you know, it dosen't matter if your Barcelona (with Okay Morale) vs Bristol City (with Good Morale), Morale counts for more than player stats and tactics in the world according to Football Manager. Not since May has a striker scored (Henry is injured for 2 months after coming back from an injury and then playing for 2 minutes before going off injured again) Angel can't score, Ibrahim and Aguedo have scored once and are actually usless (even though they have four stars in my team).

So there. I wish to make it public knowledge that apparently I'm a **** manager, and I encourage that no team hire me under any circumstances.

So you're pretty much unhappy then

Bah. Thouht Rafa Benitez had joined FMBase when I saw the thread name :S

I'm useless.

Been manging NYRB in the MLS, up until June we were King **** winning everything and getting good results against superstars like LA Galaxy (a 2-2 draw), and since our loss to Kansas City I haven't won a game since the tail-end of June (a 1-0 win over Houston than to an own goal), It is now October and we have drawn 9 games (0-0) and lost 3 (5-0, 3-1, 1-0), every single game for last 11 games (including US Cup matches) somebody gets injured for 4 weeks, sometimes 2 a game.
We got to the final of the US Cup (back when we were playing good), we are 3rd in the league but I have given up hopes of going anywhere as all moral is either 'Okay', 'Poor' or 'Very Poor' and as you know, it dosen't matter if your Barcelona (with Okay Morale) vs Bristol City (with Good Morale), Morale counts for more than player stats and tactics in the world according to Football Manager. Not since May has a striker scored (Henry is injured for 2 months after coming back from an injury and then playing for 2 minutes before going off injured again) Angel can't score, Ibrahim and Aguedo have scored once and are actually usless (even though they have four stars in my team).

So there. I wish to make it public knowledge that apparently I'm a **** manager, and I encourage that no team hire me under any circumstances.

You have an old'ish squad, it might not be you it might just be as the season(s) went on your players decreased due to age.

Buy some ambitious youngsters. I have taken charge of Stockport County (January 2011 start) who are 21st, and I win once every often because the team does suck to be fair however I do better with youngsters in the line-up maybe due to ambition to prove a point, I don't know.

I'm not that good as a manager either.

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

Bah. Thouht Rafa Benitez had joined FMBase when I saw the thread name :S

If it was Benitez the thread would of been "Its a fact" :p

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

The seasons finally over and I've handed in my resignation. I'm making a swift exit (stopping off at the canteen first to fill my pockets with as much cutlery as I can carry). I'm ready to go and beg a team to let me steer them to defeat so they can declare the club bankrupt and collect the insurance money.

Results for the season to put on my CV: WDDWWWWLLWDWWWWLDLDDDDDDDLDDLLDDDLL

Status
Not open for further replies.