That Bloke

Reaction score
i just dont get this game whatsoever.

every match I get negative thoughts from my assistant about my passing and tackling yet no matter what tactic or touchline shouting I do it doesnt make a blind bit of difference.

If the short passing is bad i instruct "pass to feet"
If the tackling is bad Ive instructed "get stuck in" or aggressive or stand off.

the crossing is bad despite trying either drill or float.

Do any of these instructions work if you watch the game itself ?

I never pay attention to them as you are always gonna have something wrong.
Go by results and dont change your tactic too much

I never pay attention to them as you are always gonna have something wrong.
Go by results and dont change your tactic too much

Ok point taken

but if nobody listens or if the assistant is pointless why do the makers include them in-game ?

What your assistant says can not always be right, they're included in the game because FM likes to be realistic. In reality, there are very few good *** mans on the game even though the majority of the time they're not needed because most people have a very hands on approach to the game.

To be honest, I only use my assistant for the occasional team talk and for player reccomendations (if llm team) where they can find some useful free's.

Well ive ignored him and still it makes no difference.

Time to give up on this lottery

It would be better to download a tactic that works and use it. FM has so many areas where you need to manage a team, and giving up on one will not make the game unenjoyable.

Try loading Jp Woody v.3 (for the 10.3 patch), use away tactics, 'Woifsong' teamtalks, only follow instructions on weaker foot and hard tackling because closing down and tight marking ruin the shape of your side. Shouts from the sideline - I use only stay on feet when I'm conceding too many freekicks.
I've won 13 premier titles with Middlesbrough in 18 seasons.

have fun, download tactics that work, and sack your assistant (6)

Now I only ever use my assistant for press conferences.