I'm desperate: can't get faces in...

transferking

Reaction score
Hallo friends, I'm gutted - maybe you can solve my problem.

Have been tried to get many facepacks working, but no success whatsoever... Same story with each one.
I'm using Vista and Steam. Extracted the files to C/Users/Myname/Documents/Sports Interactive/FM2009/graphics/players, also ticked "Always Reload Skin On Confirm" and unticked "Use Skin Cache".
Skin is working nicely, facepack not.

Also tried to use skin to ordinary "FM2009" and moving packs just to Graphics folder, but this also doesn't work.

What should I do? Have I downloaded and/or extracted it into wrong place?

With all the best.

Options -> Preferences -> Display & Sound -> Display Settings.

Show Player and Staff Pictures: Real and Generated Pictures. <- Got that?

Only thing I can think of right now.

I uploaded pictures of my Preferences, maybe i have something different to you?

Good luck resolving problem!

View attachment 5675

View attachment 5676

MiiCK.

Thanks Miick, I have them. Have always had...

Strange is when I started the game with QPR I downloaded some pack (really don't remember from where) and only LaLiga faces were working.
Now I started new game with Hoffenheim and have also only LaLiga players faces. Meanwhile I only changed skin, nothing more.

Do you know can I maybe solve this problem with Steam? May it be their's problem?

I first used Steam when I got the game, but after so many issues, i re-installed the good old fashioned way!

I would say go to your graphics/players folder and remove all graphics and then re-intall them to your game.

Also check spelling of GRAPHICS + PLAYERS, maybe you put PLAYER or something.. just stupid suggestion but could work :)

Yep, I already deleted all the stuff from players folder, even generated the new folder.

Should I also delete everything from graphics folder? Because f.e. logos are working fine.

How can I re-install them?

Deleting everything from 'players' folder and then extracting to the folder again is classed as re-installing them.

+ up to you if you delete from Graphics folder, probably won't solve the problem.

Upload a screenshot of:- Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/

also:

Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/graphics

and:

Documents/Sports Interactive/Football Manager 2009/graphics/players

maybe someone can spot a little error you have in one of the folders? :)

it happened with me this is what i did just put everything in graphics with no other folders

anyone, can you see any solution or should I just forget playing this game without faces?

by the way, strange is (or is it) that while loading new skin after selecting "confirm" in Display&Sound, it like doesn't start to find new database.

If I remember rightly previously dots started to blink, now it just announces "not responding" in the top of page and that's it.

Grrrr, I really don't want to continue this game without faces. Is it possible to download the game fully from start (I bought it from Steam)?What should I do for it and is there hope I will get this problem fixed?