I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles - A West Ham Story

AldoKemp-1

Reaction score
Got the idea from ZeCarlos's story and will be using the same layout, Hope you enjoy.

I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles

whulogobubble_zpsc6eb3d66.png

Paulo Di Canio Takes Charge at the Hammers.

dicanio_zps012d855d.jpg

West Ham hero and controversial manager Paulo Di Canio has been given a chance to take over Sam Allardyce as the West Ham boss, Di Canio joined West Ham in 1999 and playing 118 games for the club before leaving in 2003 scoring 48 goals for the club.

Di Canio took over at Swindon Town in 2011 and managing the club for 95 games gaining promotion and winning league 2 in the 2011-2012 season and being runners up in the Johnstone's paint trophy and earning the LMA League Two Manager of the Year in 2012 before leaving in February 2013 leaving the club 6th in league one only 3 points off a promotion spot.

No one denies its a huge challenge for Di Canio to take on and he will need to control his tempers if he is to succeed in management especially at the top level with West Ham needing to stay in the premier league.

leaguetable_zpsefaaeac2.jpg

The West Ham players admitted they were disappointed when manager Sam Allardyce had left however look forward to working under Di Canio and impress the new man and were ready to fight for their position. Club favourite Joe Cole spoke out saying "Of course it's always difficult when people leave the club as we all see it as a family and the gaffer [Sam Allardyce] is a cracking bloke and manager, unfortunately things didn't work out but we will continue to play our best for the fans and for Di Canio and rack up as many points as we can until the end of the season."

Allardyce left the club by mutual consent as the club sat 17th in the Premier League and only 1 point clear of the relegation zone leaving Di Canio with a fight to take the Hammers further away from safety, The next fixture is against Tottenham however assistant manager Neil McDonald will take charge of that match as Di Canio has just joined and his first match will be away to Southampton 3 days later.

Adebayor's last grasp goal earns Tottenham valuable win

adebayor_zpsaf92664d.jpg

Emmanuel Adebayor ruined West Ham fans and Paulo Di Canio's day as he had to sit in the stands and watch a 90th minute winner costing his side a crucial point in the fight for safety this season, Speaking after the game Di Canio mentioned how well the team had played and he hoped for the same level of commitment in the next game and for the rest of the season.

Next Fixture: West Ham V Southampton

Nice start mate, will follow this, like a story set out this way. Though being a spurs fan, not sure how much success I want you to have, lol.
Cant believe Adebayor scored, would be nice to get a few goals from him in real life. :p

You want me too have all the success! haha I was gutted when I saw it but I let my assistant take charge because that's what would actually happen in real life. Will update later if I can I also like the layout looks neater I think.

Not having the best of starts but lets hope I can pull it off, Thanks for the comment.

You want me too have all the success! haha I was gutted when I saw it but I let my assistant take charge because that's what would actually happen in real life. Will update later if I can I also like the layout looks neater I think.

Not having the best of starts but lets hope I can pull it off, Thanks for the comment.

Haha, not as much success as Spurs, there I'll compromise.

Layout is good mate. Just about to update my story. :)

Finally a west ham story that looks good! Following.

I'm forever blowing bubbles

Horrible start for Di Canio

19th January 2013 - Barclays Premier League

4-1somtpon_zpsd06c7751.jpg

Dreadful second half performance ended a confident first half as newly promoted youth player Turgott grabbed the Hammers only goal of the game.

23rd January 2013 - Carling Cup Semi Final

4-0wolves_zps114af0df.jpg

Embarrassing defeat see's the team concede their 8th goal in two games and are now out of the carling cup leaving new manager fuming with the performance

30th January 2013 - Barclays Premier League

2-1swansea_zps78011eca.jpg

A good first half by the Hammers and up until the 73rd minute when Spelmann made a school boy error holding onto the ball in the box then passing straight to Ki for the equalizer and it was inevitable Swansea's Michu grabs a late winner cause the 3rd successive defeat for Di Canio

League Table - 30th January 2013

januaryleaguetable_zps33763125.jpg

Di Canio: "Not the start I had wanted obviously failing to win a game, their are some positives we can take but we need to be alot better defensively and more clinical up front and hopefully when my tactics are fully implemented we start to pick up points and wins for the fans."

Di Canio Horror Show Continues

Transfer Window Closed

Di Canio never had much time to bring in any players he wanted and with a small budget didn't have much to work with bringing in only one player - A much needed left back Didac Vila from Ac Milan hopefully adding strength to the defence. Jordan Spence went out on loan to gain experience joining Di Canio's former club Swindon Town. Di Canio also reportedly turned down a 2.4 million bid for Ricardo Vaz Te which fell short of what Di Canio would be looking for if he were to sell the striker.

2nd February 2013 - Barclays Premier League

5-0stoke_zps94b98894.jpg

5-0.

9th February 2013 - Barclays Premier League

3-1westbrom_zpseb8c7d94.jpg

Di Canio's streak continues as the club record another loss failing to win in 5 games, A friendly match has been arranged during the international week to play against Semi-Pro side Windsor to help boost confidence and morale.

16th February 2013 - International Break Friendly Match

5-0windsor_zpsdc60eea8.jpg

A good morale boosting win here, Could have went either way damaging morale if an unexpected upset happened but a professional performance which will hopefully kick-start the season into life.

27th February 2013 - Barclays Premier League

2-1everton_zps537c2a3a.jpg

Another defeat as February ends West Ham still without a win since Di Canio took over, The hammers had a good game and a goal disallowed, The club just need that much needed win to boost morale.

End of February League Table

februaryleaguetable_zps23ae2e89.jpg

Di Canio: "I understand the fan's frustrations as we have slipped further into the relegation zone, I have noticed improvements in training and during games with the new regime and tactics and it should only be a matter of time before we pick up that first win."

West Ham move closer to relegation

2nd March 2013 - Barclays Premier League

1-0mancity_zps04072731.jpg

A Somewhat respectable defeat to the Champions, The team gave a good performance leaving them happier in the dressing room despite the defeat.

16th March 2013 - Barclays Premier League

4-0fulham_zpsa33d32b9.jpg

Di Canio watches on again as his team concede's another 4 goals leaving the club 8 games without a win and not coming close to picking up any points at all, Di Canio already made a change in staff personal by replacing Neil McDonald (Assistant) for Dave Watson

20th March 2013 - Barclays Premier League

1-0sunderland_zpsf18a1823.jpg

Defeat number 10 and with only 7 games to go its looking more and more likely that West Ham will be playing in the Championship next season.

30th March 2012 - Barclays Premier League

2-0Arsenal_zpsfe5433e8.jpg

This was possibly the worst game played with Di Canio in charge, West Ham failing to make 1 single attempt at the Arsenal goal.

March League Table

marchleaguetable_zpsbdbb8205.jpg

Di Canio: "It's been the worst 2 month of my life here as I haven't been able to motivate the squad at all, The players are de-motivated and haven't looked like winning at all. I apologise to the West Ham fans for the way we have been playing of late, And I think a miracle is needed to save us from relegation now."

West Ham Relegated

6th April 2013 - Barclays Premier League

0-0wigan_zps8cdbc040.jpg

Our best chance of breaking the win drought and we could only manage a boring draw, The only benefit of the game is that we have earned our first point since January and we now need the team to crack on and gain some more much needed points.

13th April 2013 - Barclays Premier League

3-2qpr_zps313493bf.jpg

The most nervy game yet as we finally get our first win over QPR, Chamakh taking up a new role on the right wing played outstanding grabbing our first, Things are looking up however we are still 8 points away from safety.

20th April 2013 - Barclays Premier League

1-0reading_zpsff01e499.jpg

That result pretty much secures relegation and puts high pressure on Paulo Di Canio's job as the team missed a number of great chances to win the game, O'Brien made the critical error in the box giving Pogrebnyak the ball to slot in comfortably for the win.

27th April 2013 - Barclays Premier League

1-0villa_zps3bfe3236.jpg

West Ham suffer defeat again as the club are now confirmed relegated from the Premier League and will be playing Championship football next season.

Di Canio Issue's apology to West Ham Fans!

4th May 2013 - Barclays Premier League

4-2norwich_zpsdd2df4eb.jpg

Best performance of the season so far as Nolan turned in an outstanding performance, Unfortunately for the club it's too late for safety and they will be playing in the championship next season.

18th May 2013 - Barclays Premier League

4-1manutd_zps309e986f.jpg

Turned over by a much better side and also losing our discipline which was the last thing we needed, Caps off a horrible season for the club and one to be quickly forgotten about.

Di Canio: "SORRY!"

Today I sit here as manager of West Ham United as a failure, I came in with the view I would be able to save the club from relegation and I have failed. At this moment in time I cannot say whether I will be managing the club in the championship, That is something the board will decide when we have our meeting. I personally would like to make things right and get the club back upto the premier league and prove myself whilst getting the clubs reputation back.

I ask the fans to forgive me for my failure and give me the support we all need at the club to bounce back, I understand you all expected a better season and so did I and truly I am sorry I have taken the club back to the championship. We have a lot of work to do for the new season and if I stay in charge I plan to make this team my own and get this great club back to where we belong.

I don't expect us to go and storm the championship and win every game however I will be hoping to avoid defeat at home as I want the ground to be a fortress, I also want to win the championship never mind just gain promotion and I will do my best for a cup run to give you wonderful fans something to smile about, I promise I will do everything I can to get the best out of my players and will get rid of any deadwood.

Signed: Paulo Di Canio

dicaniosignature_zpse9a547d8.jpg

Paulo Di Canio Sacked as West Ham Manager!

After long discussions at the end of season board meeting Manager Paulo Di Canio has been sacked by club chairman David Sullivan, Di Canio had an abysmal season with the Hammers winning only 2 games in 17 seeing the club lose a Carling Cup Semi-Final & Relegated from the Barclays Premier League.

Only days ago Di Canio released a statement saying he was sorry and if was in charge would do everything he could to get the club back up however the board thought different and decided a change was in order leaving Di Canio's reputation tarnished.

Bookies favourite to take the job is former Southampton manager Nigel Adkins who would be a popular choice among fans, There are several names considered and the board have refused to give any details as they will be careful in making their appointment.

Unsure of whether or not to continue the story or not due to the fact is was a West Ham story which has ended miserably, I have another job with Di Canio and have continued on the save, Anyone following got an opinion as to what they think I should do ?

I think you should carry on. Maybe you could start a new thread/story, but have an intro carrying on from this story and then have an ending from this story carrying it onto your new story thread. Hope that makes sense! Lol. (H)

I think you should carry on. Maybe you could start a new thread/story, but have an intro carrying on from this story and then have an ending from this story carrying it onto your new story thread. Hope that makes sense! Lol. (H)

Yeah it makes sense, I'll probably just start a new thread and continue as Di Canio. The new chapter will be a good one I hope.