Im getting literally NO good regens?!?!?!?!

James Parry

Reaction score
I recently bought a new PC so i put on, England, Spain, Brazil, Argentina, Croatie, Uraguay, germany, france and Italy, and i spent literally 3 hours searching, and since im united i sent all my scouts to go and find some players but there is literally NO wonderkids, any advice? :(

---------- Post added at 10:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:30 PM ----------

oh and im in years 2021-2022

Use genie scout and you will find some. Your scouts arent the most reliable source. Finding quality is a challenge :)

FM Genie Scout 2011 - Downloads - Football Manager 2011 Tactics, Wonderkids & Cheats - FM-Baset helps filter players based on their current and potential abilities as well as individual attributes

Dont use Genie Scout, it saps all the fun out of Football Manager... Seriously, I highly advise you not to go down that path.

Dont use Genie Scout, it saps all the fun out of Football Manager... Seriously, I highly advise you not to go down that path.

Its purely opinion - some people would love to use a tool like this. Don't tell people that it saps the fun out of it, because I have used it and it didn't sap the fun out. /opinion off.

one place to check might be scotland, in my game they have produced at least 3 top quality regens in the first year with one that has potential to be world class.

best place to find regens is in south america (Brazil and Argentina mainly), Spain and France.

Its purely opinion - some people would love to use a tool like this. Don't tell people that it saps the fun out of it, because I have used it and it didn't sap the fun out. /opinion off.

Agreed. (H)

Make sure you're looking at the right times, search too early and they wont be around, too late and they will most likely been joining clubs already.

Jan 2nd - Brazil
Augusut 1st - Uguguay
July 15th - Argentina
July 20th - Mexico

Only countries I know of the top of my head, there's a thread around somwhere on this forum just look up the regen dates.
Anyway on those dates I personally go to all the decent teams in that country and select a scout report of all their players on youth contracts. Get a lot of rubbish but every so often a nice 3/3.5star will pop up. Scouts miss players it always happens, so best way to do it is find them yourself (or use genie scout).

I use genie scout too. What I did is search for 17 y.o. (or sometimes up to 19 y.o.) below younsters with Best Potential Rating of 78% and better. Then create a shortlist of those I found and have them scouted in-game of my best scouts. I then decide based on the reports and current attribute ratings whether to buy them or not.