im hull and i need the right tactics please help.

Fagan93

Reaction score
hi, im hull city but i have found it hard to find the right tactics, so far my results are Hull 1-0 Fulham
Villa 2-2 Hull
Hull 2-0 Colchester
Hull 1-4 Everton.

So please help, any ideas.

Considering you are Hull, you need to strengthen big time in all areas firstly. Upload your squad, then people can take a look at what they are working with.

u need to upload the pic to a picture hosting site. try
<cite>imageshack.us
or
</cite><cite>photobucket.com</cite>

try a flat 4-4-2 with a counter attack and play zonal marking. when the scouts come back with the report for your next opponents try and work out how you have to play. if they have a fast tempo the you play slow to take the sting out off the game. if it says that they like you to come on to them so they can hit you on the counter attack then play defensive and onlt close them down half the pitch. you cant just have one tactic or one set off instructions you have to change them from game to game. obv if your at home then play the way you like to play as you have the home support lol hope this helps dude. try bringing in a half decent forward and the spend as much as you can on your defence stop the defence leaking then focus on the attack

I really dont get tactics posts. i mean fair enough explaining what the instructions are but... like just keep trying things differently, and you'll find something that works for you.

with hull in an old game i did well with this set-up:

------------------------------- Myhill ------------------------------------

---Mendy ------------ Zayatte --------- Turner -------------- Ricketts ---

------------------------------ Boateng -----------------------------------

-------------------- Bullard ------------ Buonanotte (£5.5m) --------------

--- Geovanni -------------------------------------------------- Kilbane ---

------------------------------- Cousin ------------------------------------

i played with tactics slightly attacking, high tempo, direct, closing down often, with defence sitting back a little. for away games play less attacking and turn on counter attack. also use buonanotte as a playmaker.

---------- Post added at 03:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:07 AM ----------

dont expect miracles in first season, ur only aiming to avoid relegation

Last edited:
I dont think you can go wrong with this tactic http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f59/tylerbode-tactic-amazing-results-t13524.html probably the best tactic i have ever used and i have tried a few so have a go. I have used his 9.3 tactic with Rangers and have only lost 1 league game in 3 seasons and the good thing is you dont need to keep changing it but read what this guy says because 1 of his tactics was made for hull good luck^^)