I'm sick a tired of my defenders needlessly heading the ball out for corners.

LiamOT

Reaction score
They could be literally under no pressure, just a long punt up top and he heads it behind for a corner. It's ridiculous. Most headed clearances go for corners. Just basically handing an opportunity for the opposition to score.

I'm fed up of it.

It's your players, not the ME. Decisions, composure and of course heading will all effect it.

Wish people would stop blaming everything on the ME :/

So all players below PL level will do this. Needlessly head the ball out for corners. It's a joke. Defenders in real life have common sense.

So all players below PL level will do this. Needlessly head the ball out for corners. It's a joke. Defenders in real life have common sense.

is it every corner or just the corners you see on highlight?

It doesn't happen at corners, corners are the results of this stupidity. Most clearances they put behind for needlessly corners. High through ball over the top, no pressure and he heads it behind for a corner. Why has he done that? No common sense. Surely the best option would be to atleast head it out for a throw-in or head back to the goalkeeper.

Maybe because I'm managing a League 1 side, and League 1 defenders have no common sense.

Hmm maybe it's because I'm still on the 13.0.0 version. How do I download the update to get the latests version. I downloaded the game via Steam.

Close steam and then restart the game - it should then download any updates.

BTW my defenders do this a lot as well, I think this it not always only about the decisions stat.

Its the ME Iv seen Pique and Vidic this do this against me... Every defender does it so Scotty can get off his high horse and stop with the cunty attitude...

Needless corners

As Arsenal manager, Brentford manager and QPR manager, all defenders have done this at some point. Ball travelling behind with no attacker in sight, then a defender sprints toward the ball just to get a head to it before it crosses the line. Sometimes even a diving header! Gotta be a bug plain and simple

It's your players, not the ME. Decisions, composure and of course heading will all effect it.

Wish people would stop blaming everything on the ME :/

You're an idiot. It's definitely the ME. I see it all the time.

This is the first thread I've seen complaining about the ME that I actually agree with. I've not seen anything as heinous as others describe, but I definitely see more balls headed behind when a header to the sideline looks doable than in FM11.

And it cannot be anything to do with the Decisions stat. You could play a game with an alien who'd never played football before, and he'd still quickly grasp that he should try to clear for a throw in instead of a corner if there's no risk involved.

I agree, maybe FM need to add 'Common Sense' as an attribute next time.

Either that or make all defenders look like Sloth from The Goonies... 'Babe....Ruth?'