I'm Sorry Manchester United Who? A Wigan Story

blkboy

Reaction score
FYI: This is my first story so it might not be the greatest, but I'm sure that you will enjoy the read.

Background

View attachment 366870

Wigan Athletic Football Club is an English professional football club based in Wigan, Greater Manchester, who compete in the Football League Championship, the second tier of English football. Founded in 1932, the club are the most recently formed club in the division.

They have played at the DW Stadium since 1999, sharing the stadium with rugby league club Wigan Warriors. They previously played at Springfield Park for 67 years. The club's nickname is Latics, derived from a contraction of the word "Athletic". They are the current holders of the FA Cup. They have also won the Second Division, Third Division and are two-times winners of the Football League Trophy, along with numerous regional football competitions from their time as a non-league club.

Managerial Goals:

Win the nPower Championship

Win the Premiere League

Win the Champions League

Win the EURO Cup

All of this will be done using my own tactics. With that said I am awful at making tactics so that will be my own little twist to this.

So without further a due

Let's Start the Story

On second though I will not be using my own tactics since it just makes the game not fun and unplayable.

August

Transfers
View attachment 367040

Lost quite a bit of money lol. Come January depending on who I'm not using I will sell them off.

This wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but I missed out on two home games that we could have easily won.

Man Utd. (3) - (1) Wigan
Ben Watson

Obviously we all saw this coming, but hey atleast we got a goal.

Bournemouth (2) - (3) Wigan
Shaun Maloney
Kone-2

First game, first win

Wigan (0) - (2) Barnsley

Not sure if it was my tactic, but we dominated most of the just couldn't finish our chances.

Wigan (1) - (1) Yeovil
Shaun Maloney

Pretty even game. Unfortunately they got the late goal to tie it up.