dannyboy50

Reaction score
Im having some trouble creating a tactic in FM13, which from what i've heard, is nothing new in FM13!!

It comes from the fact i've used a tactic guide for inspiration and its lead me to use the following tactic

View attachment 304506

It looks simple but its what the guide suggested in terms of me not being that good at this game.
Quite simply, this tactic makes it impossible to create chances, and makes our defence non-existant!!
I want to be good at this game, so what i want is for someone to help me with this tactic or suggest somewhere where i can find an easy to follow guide on creating tactics, it cant be as hard as im making it.

I should say that i don't want someone to tell me where i can download a "plug-in" tactic, i want to be able to create my own.

Thanks

Hi !

Why not jump into this thread and start out with deciding on a team, analyse it an then post your thoughts about how you think you can achieve the realistic goals you have setup.

After this, we will come with constructive feedback, in-depth reasoning on help etc.

I would personally drop a striker and use one striker, poacher, and change two wide players roles to inside forward and drop defensive line abit deep

Hi !

Why not jump into this thread and start out with deciding on a team, analyse it an then post your thoughts about how you think you can achieve the realistic goals you have setup.

After this, we will come with constructive feedback, in-depth reasoning on help etc.

Right, it sounds like your being sarcastic but ill give it a go anyway.

Firstly, i always go with Manchester United as they are my team.
My Analysis is that i should play a 4-2-3-1 formation, with Rooney playing off Van Persie.
I also believe that i have the players to implement a fluid style of attacking football. I personally don't think that having a designated playmaker or target man would work as i dont feel i have the players to implement this.
I've looked at the comparison and can see that United have strong First Touch and Passing, so i will get my team playing short football.

Any thoughts??

Looking at your tactic and knowing how man united play all id do is simply...

Change the wide men to wingers attack
Change full backs to attack
Change passing to default
Change CB, Full backs and wingers to short passing
Change CM passing to normal "Half way"
Change both strikers to passing More Direct
Change the Defensive line to half way or 10 notches
Dont play offside
Change width to wide
Play counter attack
Change the wingers wide play to "move into channels"
Change full backs to "hug the touch line"
Change both wingers and full backs to cross often and shoot rarely
Focus Passing down both wings

Let me know if that helps:)

Looking at your tactic and knowing how man united play all id do is simply...

Change the wide men to wingers attack
Change full backs to attack
Change passing to default
Change CB, Full backs and wingers to short passing
Change CM passing to normal "Half way"
Change both strikers to passing More Direct
Change the Defensive line to half way or 10 notches
Dont play offside
Change width to wide
Play counter attack
Change the wingers wide play to "move into channels"
Change full backs to "hug the touch line"
Change both wingers and full backs to cross often and shoot rarely
Focus Passing down both wings

Let me know if that helps:)

Thank you
I've taken your tips on board
I've changed my formation to a 4-2-3-1
I've got wingers playing as Inside forwards supporting the lone front man (Van Persie)

Thank you
I've taken your tips on board
I've changed my formation to a 4-2-3-1
I've got wingers playing as Inside forwards supporting the lone front man (Van Persie)

ok soo whats your AMC? also you wont want to play soo wide if using IF
also if i was man united i wouldn't use IF

Noted, but im going to play with Inside Forwards, With a Deep Lying Forward up front ill play my AMC as a Advanced Playmaker.

Hi, Ive decided to start with Manchester United again, using wingers instead of IF's.

Just wondered what roles you would give Rooney and Van Persie. Im tempted to go DLF and Trequarista.

Thoughts?