I'm Trying - A Story of an Ex Semi-Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooner96

Reaction score
My Belgium one is dead, there was a power cut and the save was sent way back, and I couldn't be bothered to carry on.

The Journey Starts

I ran to the post box, when I saw that the postman was taking the bag of mail out of it.
"Stop! Have you room for a few more letters?" I shouted from about 20 metres.
"Yes, I think so Fred." I smiled, and handed him the letters when I got to him. "Not found work yet then? Who are you applying for now? Let's see. Gateshead, Grimsby, Havant and Waterlooville, and... Sheffield? Isn't Sheffield aiming high?" The postman had met me a few times, and knew my struggle to get into Football Management.
"Not Sheffield Utd, or Wednesday," I laughed, "Sheffield F.C. The oldest team in the world. They recently sacked their manager."
"Good luck, then Fred."
"Cheers."

Ring ring. Ring ring. Ring Ring. Click.
"Frederick Jameson speaking, who is it?"
"It's the chairman of Sheffield F.C, Joe Collinn. I would like to accept your application. You are the new Sheffield F.C manager provided you accept the offer."
"Definitely!"
"Good, I'll see you tommorow then.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 AM ----------

I set my Sat Nav to Dronfield, the town where Sheffield F.C are based. I was told by Player/Assistant Manager Gavin Smith to meet the Chairman and staff at the Coach and Horses Pub, next to the ground, the Coach and Horses Ground. We chatted, and I agreed to £275 a week.

I had a match against the reserves first, and then 7 more pre season games.

Sheffield 2-1 Sheffield Reserves
Cusworth, Wooley

Sheffield 1-1 Worksop
Wooley

Sheffield 2-3 Corby
Wooley, Davis

Bury Town 0-0 Sheffield

Sheffield 2-2 Blyth Spartans
Ingram, Jackson

Sheffield 1-1 Glenn Hoddle Academy
Ingram

Hallam 1-2 Sheffield
Ingram, Fairclough

Windsor and Eton 2-0 Sheffield

Sheffield 0-0 Droylsden

So far, we have signed 9 riders on loans and deals, and not sold any. Here is the list.

Liam Ridelhalgh - Huddersfield (Loan)
Andrew Milne - Leeds (Loan)
Adam Layfield - Woodford Utd (£1K)
Ben Willshire - Free Transfer
Ben Fairclough - Notts County (Loan)
Nathan Fox - Notts County (Loan)
Nick Ingram - Stourbridge (Free)
Ross Wilkinson - Free Transfer
Aiden Kirkbride - Prescot (Free)

Our season starts away to Chasetown next month. Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.