Immediate transfers won't actually transfer for years.

Smokeydubbs

Reaction score
So I'm head-hunting some young talent. I have targeted <18 year old's to bring up in my youth system. Now I have hit some snags with some of these guys. The ones in counties that need work permits wont transfer till their 18. Is that normal? And is there a way around that? I have a feeder to get work permits too.

There are also rules on underage players moving from one country to another. So yeah some youngsters won't move until they are 18, then they move in the next available window.

Tbh I think it's players outside the Europe plus some other eastern European ones can't move until 18.
So it's prob not permits

It is, on my Flamengo save got a pretty good young goalkeeper coming from Paraguay, but he has to wait until he is 18. I reckon thats the rules

My last youth purchase was from Red Star in Serbia. 15 at the time. He won't move to my PSV until he is 18 so maybe it's a mixture of the two.

If you are a club from an EU country and you are purchasing a youngster from another EU country he will join you immediately even if he's under 18.

If that isn't the cast then they will join you when they turn 18.

Yup certain countries won't allow youngsters to leave until they hit 18.

Bummer, there goes my hopes to get their home grown status before they hit 1st team.