importance of a good u 19's?

mancmalaga

Reaction score
i'm rangers and at the start of the game they didnt have much money, so i have a few leagues on my game, like romania etc, so i got some decent scouts, sent em out to romania spain, etc, and just started building from the kids so to speak,finding young talents for cheap, and now i've just realised that its quite good, as my u 19's team hasnt been beat for 62 games which is 3 seasons about, which fair enough isnt in the strongest u 19's league,but just wondering, if anybody else has done something similar where theyve invested in youth and ended up with a good batch of kids, like scholes and beckham when they came through etc, just be interested to know if anybody else believes in the youth policy too instead of maybe getting a load of big stars, and if you do whats your stories

Ive been doing the same thing. In my main game, I am Sunderland, and have brought in alot of good players on free's, sold players on who were free for a tidy profit, and bought some young talents. At the moment, I have a great scouting network in place who are trolling the world lookin for youth under 18, and then seeing who they recommend as "quality" "a must buy" or a "buy at all costs" buy, then buy them for anywhere between 100k - 3million... Chuck them in the reserves with a great youth coaching team, and then loan them out to my Feeder clubs for first team experience. I have noticed that after a couple of seasons of them training at the club and playing in reserves, to go out to say Hamilton Accie's and play in the SPL they get much better for it. Now I have some good youth taking over retiring players, and some very promising young'uns coming through the ranks.

Have found Italy, Germany, and Spain to be the best places to send the scouts. Found hee-haw in America, Oceania, and Africa. South America came through with a few gems, but no where near as much as Italy... althought theirs all seem to be defenders :s

im everton and as everyone knows we havent got a good wage budget, so this limits me however i always look for top quality youth players and within the 3rd season im winning the prem :D happy days

i always opt for youth when playing as a bigger team. and i mean youth. no-one older than 17 in my u18s. then moved up to reserves until 21/22. iff not good enough by then the player might get a chance on loan but really if they havent proved themselves by 22 they are sold. with this policy my reserves and u18s have never not won their leagues, and u18s regularly win the cup too, usually againt arsenal u18s lol.

of course, standout youngsters get regualr chances to impress in the first team, either from the bench or starting in against a smaller club. in carling cup i use a mix of u18 and reserve players but no player can be aged over 20. in fa cup i do the same in the lower rounds and then in the bigger games i mix in some of my first teamers too.

usually within 6-7 seasons my entire first team will be made up of players that i bought to the club to play in u18s/reserves in the first season. i love nurturing a 15 year old rough diamond into a world class player. and even your failed wonderkids who dont make the grade will generate a decent profit when u sell them on!!

give youth a go and reap the rewards.

ye exactly mate, thats what i try to do and as you say if the kids dont make the grade you have a good chance of making a profit on them so its like a win win situation, also i think its like more rewarding like you said gettin these rough diamonds and turning em into a top player

Sorry to **** in guys but what is the easiest wAy to scout a hole team for players? Eg if I wanted to scout barca u19 squad for players.I know how to assign scouts to different areas of the globe etc.wanna start turning the big wheels of my youth system but can't do it until I can scout multiple players at same club,or if you ve got any other advice for scouting areas and teams would be appreciate much.