mikeyboyj

Reaction score
Hi all

Just started playing FM 2011 and wondered how important it is to have the right player roles for each player. I like to play 4-4-2 or 4-3-3 (standard style with 1 DM behind 2 CM) with varying success.

I've found if I am managing a team with wicked players it works really well. But when managing poor teams is not going so great.

Do most people find a successful combination of player roles and attack/support settings and stick with them or do you every time you put a different player in the starting lineup alter their role accordingly depending on stats? Also how much difference does it make if you set for example a centre midfielder to a stand CM or a box to box midfielder?

At the moment I ussually have

4-4-2
* 1 target man (attack) and 1 poacher (attack) up front (fit strikers in depending on stat suitability)
* 2 wingers (attack setting), 2 standard Centre midfielders (support setting)
* 2 standard CB, fullbacks on support setting

I would then have tactics set to attack at home or counter away. Whichever players are playing (except for the forwards) I would fit them into this system

OR

4-3-3
* 1 poacher/complete forward/target man - depending on stats (attack)
* 2 Wingers (attack)
* 2 standard Centre midfielders (support setting), 1 DM (defend
* 2 standard CB, fullbacks on support setting

I would then have tactics set to attack at home or counter away. Whichever players are playing (except for the forwards) I would fit them into this system

Any advice anyone can give me would be much appreciated

Ta

and i usually have 2 players at the same role or a few players who can play multiple roles
so no need for tactics changing
and the players act differently on the pitch with the different role, you get that by watching the game in 3D or whole match how certain players move,
they setting the poacher to advance forward cuz he crosses more and it may benefit your target man
for the 4 3 3
most ppl tend to use a Anchor man DMC in that formation, with a box to box and advance or deeplaying playmaker
the full backs/wingback depend on teh wingers
if u play wingers attack it may be better to play support or defending fullbacks
on the other hands inside forwards go well with attackign fullbacks or wingbaacks