Mike.

Staff member
Reaction score
[h=2]From SI Forums:

Sports Interactive Community

Important: Skins in FM15.2[/h][h=2]
Hello,

There are currently reports that skins from 15.1 are not selectable in 15.2. For this to work, artists need to modify and update their skins:

In FM15.1 skins you’d have this –

\skins
…\fm dark\
…\fm dark\fm dark.xml

The new format for 15.2 is now

\skins
…\fm dark\
…\fm dark\skin_config.xml

Any folder with the skin_config.xml will be discovered, and the folder name is not important anymore.

The real name of the skin is now defined within the skin_config.xml itself with a line like this –

<string id="skin_name" value="fm dark" />

This value is important as it’s used to find a skin, and required to work in FM15.2.

In 15.2, if a skin is set, and isn’t found through the new skin discovery mechanism, it will fall back to the games default skins so any pre-existing 3rd party skin someone may be using would have their skin changed to the default until their 3rd party skin is updated, and can then be re-selected.

If any of this isn’t clear or doesn’t make sense please let me know.

Thanks,

Lucas​

[/h]

tx a lot ! works well like u explained it ;)

i dont understand what i need to do, all of my skins don't have this skin_config HELP!!!!

How do you edit the page??..I can't get the cursor to stop on the page

Did you go into data editor on fm main page and select all the various skins??
at least that's what I had to do

I'm using the scorpio skin, I changed the .xml 's to skin_config and they showed up in preferences. However, when I load the skin it reverts straight back to the default skin. Anyone know what's up?

EDIT: DOOOOHHHHHH forgot to put an equals between 'value' and '"Skin Name"'. So if anyone had the same issue, make sure you added the code perfectly.

Last edited:
Mine was working OK. I use FM original one just with Instant result and different player profile.
What I did was: Went into Documents/Sport Interactive/FM15/skins/FM15 (Instant result)
There you have coulpe of folders (fonts/graphics,panels etc..) and also .xml file. Rigt click on it and change the name to skin_config.xml
Then again right click it again and open with TextEdit.app (in Mac) ore other app for text editing and add <string id="skin_name" value="fmdark" /> at the end of all lines as shown on the picture. Save it.
Then reload your FM and skin should be on the list. As usual during playing with graphics I clear cache and refresh/reload the skin.
Hope it helps
View attachment 321036

Last edited:
I have some problems with Steam. Could anybody upload the alternative / light skin for me?

So... I'm renaming the .xml file to "skin_config.xml" and then making this change... ?

View attachment 320998

Because that didn't work. I don't have the option to load it.

View attachment 320996

EDIT:

Figured it out. You have to add <string id=“skin_name" value="thenameofyourskin" />

I thought you had to edit the existing <string id="skin" value= part.

EDIT AGAIN

And that still didn't work. Not sure what I'm missing.

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='utf-8'?>
<record>

<!--
============================================================
Basic Skin Details

The commands in this file are only used to describe the skin.
Settings should be placed in the file "skins/<skin>/settings/<skin> settings.xml",
where <skin> is the name of the skin.

$DateTime: 2013/10/09 17:09:29 $
============================================================
-->

<!-- skin name, author etc -->
<string id="name" value="FM15 Unofficial Dark Skin" />
<string id="author" value="MurChupKampSantArtS8" />
<translation id="description" translation_id="249669" type="use" value="FM15 Community Dark Skin " />
<string id="version" value="15.1.3” />
<flags id="parent" value="fm dark-widgets" />

<!--
Minimum game version this skin requires to be valid, and listed as an option in the list of skins .

This is used for two things:
- First of all you can force a sking to only be availble for a minimum minor release (ie patch), in other words
setting the required_version to 7.0.1 makes sure the skin won't be listed if the game is in version 7.0.0.
- Secondly, the first number ("major version") is used to decide which version the skin was designed for,
so if the version is "7.0.0" it won't be listed in the list of skins if the game version is "6.0.0." or "8.0.0",
even though 7 is less than 8.
-->
<string id="required_version" value="15.0.0” />
<string id=“skin_name" value="FM15 Unofficial Dark Skin" />
</record>

Last edited:
This is an absolute ****** joke. Ive followed the instructions people are postin on here and on fm-scout clearly and it's just not workin. someone's gonna have to make a video or something because this is doin my ****** head in. unnecessary bullshite.