SamInnes123

Reaction score
Hi All,

ive be noticed it's a lot harder to get clean sheets compared to previous games. I'm Brighton and I've had 5-4 and 6-3 defeats against lower league opposition in freindlies? Anyone else getting strange unrealistic scores? Every game I get dominated and I can't be bothered with this fm if it carries on into the start of the league season

Hi All,

ive be noticed it's a lot harder to get clean sheets compared to previous games. I'm Brighton and I've had 5-4 and 6-3 defeats against lower league opposition in freindlies? Anyone else getting strange unrealistic scores? Every game I get dominated and I can't be bothered with this fm if it carries on into the start of the league season

have the same feeling no matter what i do just cant keep clean sheets every cross an corner i concede really getting on my **** now

I spent my first season feeling the same but its not.
The key is to really watch how the opposition is attacking & respond quickly to counter it.
In previous versions you could do this easily enough in comprehensive or even extended view. This year, however i think it is more important to watch the full match to catch these things early as the ME will punish your oversights!
You also have to understand what you are seeing & how best to stop it. If you dont know, experiment its rewarding to figure it out for yourself. Trust me ;)
Since i have started doing this my defence has improved out of sight.

I spent my first season feeling the same but its not.
The key is to really watch how the opposition is attacking & respond quickly to counter it.
In previous versions you could do this easily enough in comprehensive or even extended view. This year, however i think it is more important to watch the full match to catch these things early as the ME will punish your oversights!
You also have to understand what you are seeing & how best to stop it. If you dont know, experiment its rewarding to figure it out for yourself. Trust me ;)
Since i have started doing this my defence has improved out of sight.

thing is with that doh i dont know if i have the head to watch hole matchs :D

Dont worry mate neither do i most of the time, thats why i suck at fm :p

Well, I had a very hard time to get clean sheets in Beta version since it had CB and GK bugs, but in the final version, most of those unwanted bugs have been cleaned up so what I did was:

1. Recreated my tactics from scratch.
2. I also pay more attention to the match depending on the minute.
3. Unlike previous versions of FM, this year's edition is much more complex regarding AI opponents. They will look to exploit any weakness in your tactics. AI constantly changes tactics, the way it defends, the way it attacks. If you see your weakness, AI can see it too. Don't be lazy and make changes.
4. I found that managing a game like in real life is very beneficial. I will explain this: It doesnt matter what team you are (big or small), when you score, try to slow the pace of the game for like a few minutes, act more defensively and observe the opponent game plan. If they push you, stay defensive until they get a little tired (I also have Opponent Team Ratings on my screeen to actually see their physical condition).
5. Always have 2-3 tactics to use. I would recommend these tactics to be as different as possible from one another. Also, keep in mind the Ligue you are playing in. For example, I love Serie A and i mostly manage there, so 3 man defense is very common there, unlike Premier League or Ligue 1, etc. So when I manage in Serie A, 2 of my 3 tactics are created just to counter 3 man defense, since is the most used tactic by AI in this particular ligue.

I hope i helped. Good Luck.