1jakebrown

Reaction score
I have just finished my 3rd​ season (2016/17) and managed to sneak into 4th​ place and qualify ahead of Arsenal on goal difference. I would like some advice on how to make my squad competitive for next season. I will be in 4 competitions often having to play 2 games a week.

I have just entered the transfer window and made a few bold signings already that will add some quality.

My current squad is:-

Goalkeepers
Rulli
Pantilimon

Happy with these two, I have just picked up Rulli for £15m. Real Madrid were sniffing so this is a real coup for Sunderland! I also sold my first choice GK, Jerfferson, due to him being homesick and causing an uproar in January because I would not let him leave. Several players were unhappy and our form suffered.

Defenders
Van Anholt
Peruzzi
Ramires (transfer listed)
Balanta
Vergini
Coates
Ismit-Mirin

Feel I need at least two full backs here, a first choice attacking left wing back and a backup right back. Happy with my 4 centre backs, Balanta and Ismit-Mirin have a great partnership at the moment and Coates/Vergini more than adequate for covering. Although, Monaco (the team I bought him from) are interested in Ismit-Mirin who has asked for me to accept a request if they bid, which I will do. So possible replacement?

Midfielders
Rodwell
Larsson
Bridgcutt
Casimero
Chalobah
Jordi Gomez (transfer listed)
Dele Alli
Suso

I have just signed Chalobah & Suso from Chelsea and Liverpool respectively. Both will walk straight into my three man midfield, Suso who I will re-train as a central midfield playmaker. Chalobah I have noticed is a natural at both right back and central midfield. Brilliant accusation and just what I’m looking for. Is there enough quality to compete in 4 comps here?

Wingers/Strikers
Connor Wickham
Corentin Jean
Cristian Benteke (transfer listed)
Adam Johnson
Wilfred Zaha
Ben Afra

Wickham and Jean who were both injured for at least 3 months of last season both managed 20+ goals playing as a false 9. Benteke hardly got a look in, which was a shame as when he got a run in the team he did well. Due to his lack of games he has asked to leave. Both Jean and Wickham can play as an inside forward on either side which is important for me. If I sell Benteke I will need a replacement, thoughts? Johnson and Wilf were amazing last season, I also had Alvarez and Markovic on loan so Ben Afras games were limited and he kicked up a bit of a fuss so could do with a couple of rotational wingers as I feel I’m a bit short here.

Sorry for boring everyone, but anyone who took the time to read through I will be very grateful with any feedback

What sort of money have you got left?

Maybe get rid of the players youve got transfer listed and id go for a big name striker, see if you can get barbosa or malcolm(think thats how its spelt) both brazilians, start of the game they only 17ish, so gonna be bout 20 by now so not sure if they would of been snapped up