Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am currently doing some coursework for a QA Game Tester course and have come up with a suggestion for improvement of Football Manager 2012 and would like to get people's opinion on whether they think this idea would improve the game, so that I can use this as material to support my suggestion when I write it up.

The suggestion is:
The ability to change your mind/cancel after you have initially confirmed a substitution of tactical change.

Your changes won't be made until the ball goes out of play. Therefore, the match situation can change before your changes are made. However, you cannot cancel them. There are situations when this is particularly annoying.

Example 1: You make an attacking change because your team is losing/drawing but before the change is made your team scores and you no longer want to make the attacking change, but the game does not allow you to cancel it.

Example 2: You make a defensive change because your team is winning but before the change is made your team concedes a goal and you no longer want to make the defensive change, but it's not possible to cancel it!

Example 3: You bring off a player who after you have confirmed the substitution to return to the match screen scores his 2nd goal of the game and therefore is on a hat-trick, but you still have to bring him off when a real life manager could just not bother with the sub or take someone else off!

The question I am asking for my survey is: Would you like to see the option of cancel/changing your substitutions before they are made in the game?

I appreciate any feedback, Thanks.

Yes those situations are very annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.