Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am currently doing some coursework for a QA Game Tester course and have come up with a suggestion for improvement of Football Manager 2013 and would like to get people's opinion on whether they think this idea would improve the game, so that I can use this as material to support my suggestion when I write it up.

The suggestion is:
The ability to change your mind/cancel after you have initially confirmed a substitution of tactical change.

Your changes won't be made until the ball goes out of play. Therefore, the match situation can change before your changes are made. However, you cannot cancel them. There are situations when this is particularly annoying.

Example 1: You make an attacking change because your team is losing/drawing but before the change is made your team scores and you no longer want to make the attacking change, but the game does not allow you to cancel it.

Example 2: You make a defensive change because your team is winning but before the change is made your team concedes a goal and you no longer want to make the defensive change, but it's not possible to cancel it!

Example 3: You bring off a player who after you have confirmed the substitution to return to the match screen scores his 2nd goal of the game and therefore is on a hat-trick, but you still have to bring him off when a real life manager could just not bother with the sub or take someone else off!

The question I am asking for my survey is: Would you like to see the option of cancel/changing your substitutions before they are made in the game?

I appreciate any feedback, Thanks.

Last edited:
Yes! I hate when im faced with those 3 examples you just listed

What i would like to see is more visual stuff around, youth improvement facilities, look at man city for example in the paper today they release pictures of their new training complex.
It would be nice to see the upgrade, and also if you build a new stadium, being able to see what it looks like.
Thoughts anyone?

What i would like to see is more visual stuff around, youth improvement facilities, look at man city for example in the paper today they release pictures of their new training complex.
It would be nice to see the upgrade, and also if you build a new stadium, being able to see what it looks like.
Thoughts anyone?

Completely agree, there needs to more visual stuff added. They had this in the old LMA manager games years ago, don't see why this can't be able in the new FM.

Be nicer if they improved the look of the stadiums, to make them look more like their real stadium. For example; Villa park currently looks like the madjeski, and you play at the same stadium every week then, kind of makes it boring! (Premier League)

I wish you could meet with your DoF to tell him what type of player to buy. eg A central mid with at least 15 decisions, passing and tackling.

Yes that is something I have thought of also. The ideas to have a little more visual details, such as training grounds and more accurate stadium likeness are also good ideas.

I was under the impression that you can already do that by pressing, cancel pending changes, though more time to be able to do it would be good

Yeah ive been stuck in those frustrating situations too, and i agree with an above post about talking with your dof, if i just told him what i wanted and he came back with a handfull of suggestions, that would be very helpful, atm he is really just a bit of a pain in the.......

I would go against visual improvement, I don't want this game to consume 20gb+.
Improvement in DoF would be very nice as I've yet to find DoF as useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.