Improving a Players Ability to Play Under Pressure

Scotty98TR

Reaction score
I am aware that there is a hidden stat to do with handling pressure, but does anyone know how to improve it?

Eder Balanta is usually fantastic in my current Arsenal save (In the 2nd season), but if we have our backs to the walls then he often becomes very nervous.
My assistant has told me that he doesn't perform well under pressure, and in his report it his main weakness.

i Have the same problem with him, i find telling him no pressure in team talks works a treat

From what I have seen of Balanta, his composure isn't very good which should effect how he handles pressure. Should increase though with age and experience. I would attribute it to just being young.

From what I have seen of Balanta, his composure isn't very good which should effect how he handles pressure. Should increase though with age and experience. I would attribute it to just being young.

+ you can train it. Maybe it will help.

+ you can train it. Maybe it will help.

His composure isn't the problem, as on my save it's 15. Pretty sure there is a separate hidden stat to do with handling pressure, and it is that which I want to improve :)

You're a lucky one there since Balanta has some random stats, his composure is 12 on one of my saves, which isn't awful.

Get him tutored by someone who plays well under pressure.

You're a lucky one there since Balanta has some random stats, his composure is 12 on one of my saves, which isn't awful.

Get him tutored by someone who plays well under pressure.

He seems to of shot up, he was only 11 when I bought him in Jan of the 1st season!

Yes, his mental stats are very very Random. On my one save he had 9 Determination, got to 16 after a year though. On my other save he had 20 from start. his composure is 17, yet he gets nervous in many games, I think it's because of his personality? Spirited, I have Gary Cahill with same personality and he gets nervous way too often as well.

Try to tutur him selecting the second option. The tutur must have good comportamental attribute like a leader

Try to tutur him selecting the second option. The tutur must have good comportamental attribute like a leader
I tried to tutor him by John Terry, his mental stats are insanely awesome, yet didn't learn much, also tried with Ivanovic.

If you tutor him with someone that has less determination than him be aware that during tutoring Balanta determination will decline (!).
So keep this in mind too ..

are you playing with chelsea isn't it? You could try with Lampard, Chech, ramires, Nkoulou ... or just learn him to play short and easily