TheBigBadWolf

Reaction score
So I have a tactic that I like the idea of, but I need the flaws of the tactic to be ironed out and become a little more balanced. The ideology for this tactic was the notion that if the other team can't score, then they can't win.

I've done two separate seasons on FMC with moderate success and I hope someone can help improve the tactic or show me in the general direction.

(hopefully that is a link to the tactic)https://www.dropbox.com/s/vxg2oquy47p2gn6/Orleans Standard.tac

Results so far:

View attachment 366286View attachment 366284View attachment 366283View attachment 366281

Formation and Team Instructions: View attachment 366279

Looks great! I'm unfamiliar with the formation so I probably won't be able to offer anything there. Although, I'm not sure how 'hassle opponents' fits in with your style (in paticular stick to position). Changing the philosophy to balanced/fluid will encourage your attacking players to contribute more to defense, and your defenders to attack( which may not be what you want).

Am I right in understanding that you predominantly look to score in a counter attack?

Last edited:
I wanted to create it so that we could score in normal open play as well as counter attacking.

remove pass into space, change philosophy to balanced or fluid, push higher up, tighter marking, much lower tempo, play narrower, exploit the middle, change cwb to fba and perhaps change your DM's roles to those that do closing down(read description)...You need to close down empty space fullbacks leave behind. Otherwise, the idea is good, they will have a lot of difficulty scoring against you, they can't go through you, over you, or around you. However you will have trouble scoring goals, and AI may decide to punish you from a set piece. Some fouls are inevitable, and it might be dangerous to have them in your half, so push up. You should easily dominate with my suggestions.

Last edited:
Hi mate you need to watch the matches in full to see what is happening, where you are being exploited and where your attacks are breaking down then adjust accordingly. This is the best way to improve tactics, otherwise is just guess work based on theory. e

The match engine is just to random to Base tactical adjustment based on theory.

The problem is that the match engine is random and nonsensical. Most of the time players seem to act and play like they have never played football before and have no common sense, so a lot of issues come from mistakes. So I would have to change every match, during the match.

I'm trying to create something I can plug and play, knowing there will be flaws but risking that over time spent wasting on a game that I already waste too much time on.

A few things i noticed at a glance. If you're playing standard i recommend playing 343, not a 343 formation but 3 players on defensive mentality, 4 on support and 3 on attack. I wouldn't play a Target man without wingers, Advanced forward probably better or complete forward. Also you are using a narrow formation so i would use the exploit middle instruction and you have attacking full backs so use the look for overlap instruction.