Improving CCC's at the cost of possession - 75-80 % to 60% and scoring more goals

justdoit

Reaction score
title pretty much says it all . P.S ( Sorry for error in the title , ***should be improving CCC's at the cost of possession )***

Am currently using juventus and am using the 3-3-3-1 formation also known as the FMTN Possession Break (not sure if am allowed to put a link ) .
For you who know the tactic will probably be able to help me .
I use the original tactic for first 15 minutes then the edited more long shots and thru balls version of mine of same tactic to convert little possession to ccc's which doesnt rly work that well either .
I was wondering if there was a way i could play around with the defensive midfielders to push them forward since i almost always have all my possession in opposition's half .
Just to make it clear , i want to push men forward . In other words move the dmcr and dmcl to positions and alter the amc's pos' if necassary to make some runs from deep or so .
little pic of the tactic:
View attachment 267564

Last edited:
ya m8 , i know but i meant more like altering the cdm positions to push more men forward while not being so vulnerable at the back and at the same time creating a threat from wings maybe .

Try using more players with T-balls set to often and playing a mixed passing style. This along with using some players moving into channels

Strangely enough, I used the Possession Break tactic for a while, and I had quite a bit of luck taking the striker away, and adding a centre back, so you're a playing a 4-6-0, and increasing the amcr and amcr mentalities, run with ball, run from deep and a few other things on other players i can't quite recall. Was very spain-euro-2012-esk.

Strangely enough, I used the Possession Break tactic for a while, and I had quite a bit of luck taking the striker away, and adding a centre back, so you're a playing a 4-6-0, and increasing the amcr and amcr mentalities, run with ball, run from deep and a few other things on other players i can't quite recall. Was very spain-euro-2012-esk.

Interesting , well juventus , chiellini is a real rock in the back so i dont have problems unless it's against milan or napoli .
Also , u must have change the mentality of the fullbacks then to support much more or have run from deep to mixed atleast right ?

Interesting , well juventus , chiellini is a real rock in the back so i dont have problems unless it's against milan or napoli .
Also , u must have change the mentality of the fullbacks then to support much more or have run from deep to mixed atleast right ?

I think the only thing i changed on the full backs was their crossing to "sometimes" because the defensive line was so high anyway, the full backs often found themselves way beyond the halfway line anyway, and a few one-twos with a defensive mid and they'd in line with box, so i just gave they permission if you like to cross in that situation. Their mentality might've been a notch or 2 higher, but no major changes.

IM trying to use a counter attack tactic, but with PPMs like simple pass, often T-balls, 2-ones, etc.

With this, the ball possession is going from 45-50 to 55-65, keeping all the counter attack basics.

One match, i had 63% of ball possession and 42 shoots, 14 CCCs... The proof is on Hazzaaa unbeatable tactic thread

IM trying to use a counter attack tactic, but with PPMs like simple pass, often T-balls, 2-ones, etc.

With this, the ball possession is going from 45-50 to 55-65, keeping all the counter attack basics.

One match, i had 63% of ball possession and 42 shoots, 14 CCCs... The proof is on Hazzaaa unbeatable tactic thread

so how many game have you tryed it now?

so how many game have you tryed it now?

It's fumy to see how the teams is working this. Against lower teams, I'm having an average of 60 % of ball possession, massive shoots on goal and CCCs. Against equal or bigger teams, i will only get 45 to 49 % of the ball, but the same amount of CCCs.

Yesterday i just won 7-0 against Olhanense (63 %) and 2-8 against Real Madrid (45 %) :D. Same players, same tactic.

its seems that they know when to keep the ball or when to just play more direct football :D

It's fumy to see how the teams is working this. Against lower teams, I'm having an average of 60 % of ball possession, massive shoots on goal and CCCs. Against equal or bigger teams, i will only get 45 to 49 % of the ball, but the same amount of CCCs.

Yesterday i just won 7-0 against Olhanense (63 %) and 2-8 against Real Madrid (45 %) :D. Same players, same tactic.

its seems that they know when to keep the ball or when to just play more direct football :D
might try this

long shots should always be set to 'never' because these will never get you CCCs unless your striker runs onto a saved shot. from the pic, try moving Pirlo forward to a central midfielder with through balls often, the AMCL to AML and AMCR to AMR with instructions similar to an Inside Forward (attack), but run with ball at sometimes instead of often.

all attack players should have 'move into channels' and 'roam from position', except the inside forwards which change to 'cut inside'

long shots should always be set to 'never' because these will never get you CCCs unless your striker runs onto a saved shot. from the pic, try moving Pirlo forward to a central midfielder with through balls often, the AMCL to AML and AMCR to AMR with instructions similar to an Inside Forward (attack), but run with ball at sometimes instead of often.

all attack players should have 'move into channels' and 'roam from position', except the inside forwards which change to 'cut inside'

Here, I actually disagre . Longshots are not shots taken in haste form far away from the goal, its shots taken outside the area and if the player have the correct stats for it, then its a leathal weapon. Naturally, they are not counter as CCC´s but they still produce goals. The problem lies when the players have too few passing options and then opt for a longshot from a poor angle, from far out etc. These shots will be taken regardless of the longshot setting

Here, I actually disagre . Longshots are not shots taken in haste form far away from the goal, its shots taken outside the area and if the player have the correct stats for it, then its a leathal weapon. Naturally, they are not counter as CCC´s but they still produce goals. The problem lies when the players have too few passing options and then opt for a longshot from a poor angle, from far out etc. These shots will be taken regardless of the longshot setting

I never said they didn't produce goals, and I agree they can be a useful weapon if you have the right players. But this thread is requesting the creation of CCCs and long shots do not count as CCCs, so should be set to never.

I never said they didn't produce goals, and I agree they can be a useful weapon if you have the right players. But this thread is requesting the creation of CCCs and long shots do not count as CCCs, so should be set to never.

Then I have totally missunderstood the thread. I thought it was about creating really good chances that score goals, not creating CCC's Anyway, restricting players often have à negative effect, like when the player is told not to take longshots, resulting in the player having no option but to hold the ball, and then shoot anyway but just 2 seconds too late.

i kinda made a tactic far from being perfect or over in a 3-2-2-3 which ends up being a 3-4-3
Passing numbers are far from being the ones u normally get in possession tactics but the possession nvr goes below 50% .
Super Cup against Milan
View attachment 268483View attachment 268484
Honestly , after playing fmtn tactic for a while now and not getting goals and getting sick passing numbers , i started to care far less for those numbers and go for possession to limit opposition threat and get more goals .

Last edited: