Improving League ratings

• Thread starter Thread starter Seano
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 36
  • Views Views 13K

Seano

Reaction score
I've currently started a project in the Irish Premier Division with Shamrock rovers. No way i can not win the title with the difference in teams but my aim is too improve irish football overall. With investing in Youth Facilities to help the national team as well as the Rovers team in Europe etc. I'm looking forward to it. Have any of you attempted anything like this, if so how far did you get the team and how much did the league improve?

this has been mention before somewhere in the forum but if you have spare cash try signing a random youngster from each irish team for a ridiculous amount so they have cash to improve their team?

Any idea if you win the League and then do well in Europe , is it just your team that gets recognized or does the whole league benefit with a bit of a reputation boost. No points giving the money if they can't sign anyone to help, if you get me?

yeah i get what you mean. I think the league gets a bit of a boost if i'm not mistaken.

The league must get some kind of boost from it's teams representing it well in Europe. I reckon it's just based on the reputation of the teams in the league though and as progressing in Europe will improve your clubs rep it should have the same effect on the league.

i'm currently trying it with san marino, which is officially the worst top league in europe as it has the lowest euro coefficent in terms of seeding for champions and europa league. so far in the first 2 seasons i've jumped luxembourg in the league rankings but the national team (AI managed) has failed to win a match, with the closest being a few 1-0 losses to finland, poland and moldova. and so far they've only scored 2 goals both coming in 2013.

in terms of helping to improve other clubs i would suggest always accepting there bids for players over bids from foreign clubs so that the talented players remain part fo the irish league. unfortunately i'm in an all amateur league so can't do that yet.

If you do well in Europe, you might get more teams to play in Europe in a few years, and that should give them a financial boost.

the league getsabit of a boost but not as much as your club, so a player might be willing to go to you but not other clubs in the league, although players that would previously only be interested in your club would then be interested in playing for some of the other top clubs in the league.

I got Salthill to the Champions League consistently on 11, but the league was still **** so it got fairly boring. And the regens were still apalling, the NT was slipping out of the top 100 by 2023...

I got Salthill to the Champions League consistently on 11, but the league was still **** so it got fairly boring. And the regens were still apalling, the NT was slipping out of the top 100 by 2023...

did 11 have the dynamic league rep thing or was that new for this year?

did 11 have the dynamic league rep thing or was that new for this year?

It did. In fairness the league's rep did go up a bit I think, but it didn't have any effect on the caliber of players the AI teams signed, or the regens they brought through.

It did. In fairness the league's rep did go up a bit I think, but it didn't have any effect on the caliber of players the AI teams signed, or the regens they brought through.

when i get further down teh line i'l give an update on how things are doing in terms of whether the AI is also improving or not but unfortunately as everyone is currently amatuer they can't really get any foreigners unless they are 30 something italian's looking to wind down there careers.

I always wanted to do this but I got distracted with another save, might start it now. I have a theory on what I need to do to make a smaller league successful but I have no idea if it will work.

I might do a Mercenary type of save , it'll be long but it could work. Try and get everyteam in the league playing in a competitive position. Difficult it not impossible , i was going to make a story about it but it don't have the time to write up updates and all that. I'll see how far i can go in the first season in terms of champions league.

I might do a Mercenary type of save , it'll be long but it could work. Try and get everyteam in the league playing in a competitive position. Difficult it not impossible , i was going to make a story about it but it don't have the time to write up updates and all that. I'll see how far i can go in the first season in terms of champions league.

if you've not got the time to make it to a story then you should create a thread for anyone who is trying something like this as i'd happily post end of season updates on my attempt at making the san marino league more competitive in europe and i'd enjoy reading about others, even if they only did a brief end of season summary including league table and how each club from the nation did in europe. And possible updates on the national team every 2/4 years or at any major moment for it. e.g. first win or good qualification campaigns.

if you've not got the time to make it to a story then you should create a thread for anyone who is trying something like this as i'd happily post end of season updates on my attempt at making the san marino league more competitive in europe and i'd enjoy reading about others, even if they only did a brief end of season summary including league table and how each club from the nation did in europe. And possible updates on the national team every 2/4 years or at any major moment for it. e.g. first win or good qualification campaigns.

Sounds like a fantastic idea , would make an interesting thread and i'm sure there are plenty of people who would like to try something like this!

I did it with Saint Pats, its just Europe and each season you slowly get better, once your European ratings goes up so does the league, the tv revenue, prize more etc. You wont see the improves till after the Champions league or Europa league you ends in the summer. In my 4th season for Pats i had Gibson and Scannell and a few random European, soon as you start getting bigs names in it gets boring domesticaly as the rest of the league are miles behind you but slowly you see them improving.

I'm doing the same as sammyt, doing a San Marino challenge with two managers, one for the SM NT and for San Marino Calcio, the club in the Italian leagues, and the other in the Campionato Sanmarinense (aka a San Marino Triple, I think it's called).

I've had no luck either. Can't get any continuity in squads, as I've had to rebuild my team three years out of three as they're all on amateur contracts. I'm about a million quid to the good at the moment, but the option to change my operating status is still greyed out.

In fairness, I am attracting better quality players, and continue to dominate the league, but can't win a CL qualifier to save my life. Come close though!

I'm doing the same as sammyt, doing a San Marino challenge with two managers, one for the SM NT and for San Marino Calcio, the club in the Italian leagues, and the other in the Campionato Sanmarinense (aka a San Marino Triple, I think it's called).

I've had no luck either. Can't get any continuity in squads, as I've had to rebuild my team three years out of three as they're all on amateur contracts. I'm about a million quid to the good at the moment, but the option to change my operating status is still greyed out.

In fairness, I am attracting better quality players, and continue to dominate the league, but can't win a CL qualifier to save my life. Come close though!

i'm only playing pennarossa from the campionato sammarinese, not doing the other 2, and i'm also struggling to hold onto players a little although i've managed to keep the baulk of my squad through the first 2 seasons, i had to have a major overhaul for teh third as over half my squad either retired were released or got nicked.

i played europa league in my second season and lost on aggregate after a 3-1 away defeat and a 2-2 home draw against rudar of montenegro. then at the start of my third season we knocked out B36 of the faroe islands after a 2-0 home win and a 3-2 a.e.t. loss after being 2-0 down after the 90 minutes and going 3-0 down and 3-2 on aggregate after 97 mins, we pulled 2 back to lose the game 3-2 but win the tie 4-3 on aggregate. only to be dumped out by steua bucharest of romania, who have gone on to the group stage, 3-0 to them at home but 2-2 away.

Back