Jams54

Reaction score
I'm just coming to the end of the first season, still in with a chance of winning the league in the champs league semi final and fa cup semi final. i change my tactics between a 4-2-3-1 a 4-5-1 and a 4-4-1-1. I've not signed anyone yet and not sure what my budget will be in the summer but just looking for any help with good players to sign who are not to expensive. will be looking to sell nani, anderson, cleverley, Evra is leaving on a free, Ferdinand Is retiring as is giggs, will be looking for a back up goalkeeper, a left back, 2 central midfielders, left and right wingers and a back up striker. Thanks.

I'm just coming to the end of the first season, still in with a chance of winning the league in the champs league semi final and fa cup semi final. i change my tactics between a 4-2-3-1 a 4-5-1 and a 4-4-1-1. I've not signed anyone yet and not sure what my budget will be in the summer but just looking for any help with good players to sign who are not to expensive. will be looking to sell nani, anderson, cleverley, Evra is leaving on a free, Ferdinand Is retiring as is giggs, will be looking for a back up goalkeeper, a left back, 2 central midfielders, left and right wingers and a back up striker. Thanks.

I can recommend Maxym Koval as a backup keeper. May not be great at the moment, but he'll turn out to be a very good keeper. Low wages too. Also take a look at Timo Horn.

At left back I would say Luke Shaw, but he'll be expensive. Ben Davies is a cheaper alternative as is Alex Sandro.

For centre midfield look at Garmash, Romulo, Lucas Romero, Kondogbia, Kovacic and Veratti amongst others. If you want an AMC (I know you didn't say this) I couldn't recommend Oliver from Atletico (maybe the B team) any higher. Guy is a beast.

Can't really help you on wingers as I convert AMC into inside forwards.

Backup striker have a look at Facundo Ferreyra, Defoe or even Iago Aspas provides decent cover. A great younger option is Gabriel Barbosa (if you want a future first choice).

I signed -

Ben Davies to replace Evra, 9 mil. Left back
Veratti - 18 mil after add ons. Center mid
Mitrovic - around 10 mil I think. Striker
Sergi Roberto - 10 mil or so. Center mid

Doria -9 mil (january 1st season)
Balanta - 6 mil (january 1st season)

Can't remember the exact prices but was something like those

If you win something, you'll get a rather good transfer budget with Manchester United.. Based on that;;

Get Alvarez Balanta to replace Ferdinand. Vidic, Evans, Smalling and Alvarez Balanta should work excellent, until Vidic starts declining drastically, then get either Doria/Varane/Zouma/Ecoule Manga [in that order]. All of them are beasts. You really should use Phil Jones for RB, along with Rafael. He's outstanding there.

For a back-up striker, get Timo Werner. He can be had for cheap, and grows to be a monster ingame. As mentioned above, Mitrovic and Barbosa grow pretty well too.

Ben Davies is decent, Alex Sandro is pretty good. However, Sandro is prone to injuries, so have a care at that. Why do you need a back-up goalie? You should already have De Gea and Lindegaard. I don't use any other keeper than De Gea, he's awesome ingame [and growing well, IRL too].

Out and out wingers [4-4-2, playing on the line] try Oxlade Chamberlain, maybe? For a 4-2-3-1, I play my wingers as AML and AMR. Zaha is a beast, give him playing time. Nani can be sold for 80 Million $ at the end of the first transfer window, so with that money, try getting good wingers, maybe Lamela/Oxlade-Chamberlain for the right, and Shaarawy/Brandt/Draxler for the left. I think Julian Brandt can be the only one over there that can be had for cheap, so might have a care in that department.

You probably should try to keep Cleverley since he adds a HGC factor for United. But otherwise, Verratti is a good option, although his okayish mental stats make me frown sometimes.. If you play a BWM anywhere, I cannot help but recommend Papadopoulous. He'll add backup to your defence, but his BWM stats are out of this world, better than anyone else, ingame. Also, try getting Goretzka, he can be had on cheap.

GK: Butland, McCarthy, Koval, Ospina.

LB: Alex Sandro, Davies, Clyne (R&L), Shaw.

CB: Caulker, Balanta, Doria, Zouma, Barta, Adbenour.

CM: Wanyama, Gaston Ramirez, Will Hughes, Pogba, Bender.

Wingers: Shaqiri, Vitino, Chamberlain, Shaarawy, Draxler.

ST: Mitrovic, Fierro, Rescalidini, Duvan Zapata, Vietto, Barbosa, Lukaku, Benteke

Hi Jams54!

I am currently playing the third season of an online game with two friends (United, Tottenham, Arsenal).
First season was fantastic with league victory and ChL final. Won the second seasons Premier League as well but ChL ended in the first knock-out to Barcelona.

I started out by getting Timo Werner and putting him on a loan playing 30+ games the first season. Your team is well-balanced, so you do not need to improve any positions yet (I brought Luke Shaw, but actually regretted since he is too young to take over after Evra, and I ended up getting Leighton Baines next season). In the same transfer window I sold Anderson, Cleverly, Nani and Hernandez.

For CB I got Doria. He's a top player. Tried to sign Balanta but he went to Arsenal. Get one of these. I would probably try Balanta first.
For the wingers I spent almost 30 mil on El Shaarawy after the first season. Expensive, but he is the best on his position in-game - and as United you'll need the best. I actually had much success with RvP as an Inner Forward on AML the first season, since I play Rooney as a False 9. This leaves room for the players behind with RvP cutting inside and scoring lots of goals. Its not the best alternative, but when injuries occur you have to be creative :).
Wanyama has just joined the team. Playing 4-2-3-1 without any DMs, I like to have strong hard working CMs. Wanyama and Fellaini are a killer midfield, making them effective both with and without the ball. Train attacking set pieces for some parts of the season and you will also score lots of goal on corners too. (Vidic, Jones, Fellaini, Wanyama, Rooney in the box at corners). I play CMs as BWM and Box-to-Box by the way - none of them too creative. Both players can actually cover both positions with Carrick as a backup still. I also signed Obi Mikel as a backup, but this really depends on the transfer list. Always check for listed players - you can do a great deal sometimes.

Here are some players you may look at. I do not have the save game on this PC, so it is only a rough guess:
GK: Leno, Bardi, Romero
CB: Doria, Balanta, Bartra
LB: Jonathan Silva (cheap), Luke Shaw, Ben Davies, Leighton Baines, Alaba.
CM: Wanyama, Pogba, Verrati, Sergi Roberto,
Attacking midfields: Ocampos, El Sharaawy, Vitinho, Kovacic, Bernand, Kevin Volland, Julian Brandt, Shaqiri (so many choices on this position)
ST: Timo Werner

Good luck with your transfer window.

You actually don't need a GK. Play De Gea.. He's almost never had a serious injury, and the one minor injury that he did have, Lindegaard/Henderson were good enough to cover. Getting another GK seems a waste, actually. For CB, another option is Stefan Strandberg. Dirt cheap, and grows to be really good.

What would that be in pounds then? 40ish?

Around 48 Million pounds, as per Google..

gk steele, mcarthy
lb santon,baines,davies
cm pogba, pogba, pogba, pogba, pogba, pogba, diame, honda
wingers shaqiri, draxler
st timo werner,benzia,fierro,barbosa (all back up now but will be good in the future)

You actually don't need a GK. Play De Gea.. He's almost never had a serious injury, and the one minor injury that he did have, Lindegaard/Henderson were good enough to cover. Getting another GK seems a waste, actually. For CB, another option is Stefan Strandberg. Dirt cheap, and grows to be really good.

Around 48 Million pounds, as per Google..
that is crazy, did you play him a lot in the first season to be able to sell him for that much? I sold him at the end of the first season and only managed to get 15M pound for him