JohnLocke

Reaction score
Hi guys, I have played FM for years but usually I'm restricted to very slow games (my current laptop runs 1* games even if I only have 1 league loaded). I've decided to upgrade my laptop for FM16 and I'm wondering if the specs on this one are capable of running either a 5 star game or close to it, with around 8 leagues loaded.

Intel core: i5
Memory: 8GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
RAM: 8GB DDR3

My current laptop has the same specs as above apart from the Intel core, which is Celeron.

If not, any further advice on what upgrades I need would be much appreciated.

Hi guys, I have played FM for years but usually I'm restricted to very slow games (my current laptop runs 1* games even if I only have 1 league loaded). I've decided to upgrade my laptop for FM16 and I'm wondering if the specs on this one are capable of running either a 5 star game or close to it, with around 8 leagues loaded.

Intel core: i5
Memory: 8GB
Hard Drive: 1TB
RAM: 8GB DDR3

My current laptop has the same specs as above apart from the Intel core, which is Celeron.

If not, any further advice on what upgrades I need would be much appreciated.

Most Celeron processors are dual-core @1.8Ghz wheras the i5 usually comes in quad-core @3.4Ghz so immediately you have a massive jump in performance. It'll utilize your RAM more efficiently; though that's more got to do with the quality of your Motherboards north-bridge and the CPUs Level 1 & 2 Cache.

I cant tell you that it'll give you 5* performance since that's only a guideline and a rough one at that. CPU performance is so subject to other conditions that I'd literally need to built the computer for you to know what kind of performance you'll get out if it but I can assure you, it'll run the game at a decent pace.

I've an i5 with 16GB RAM at home and I've a save with 20+ nations and about 80 league loaded up and I've never felt like the game was progressing slowly.

I used to have a Celeron processor myself. The pain was real.

Upgraded to Windows 10, got myself a Gigabyte mobo, an A8 6600k 3.9 ghz quad core with 8 gb DDR3 1600 mhz ram...runs smooth as silk with god knows how many leagues. Never goes below 3 stars with over 10 nations, muiltiple leagues, players based in nations, etc. Runs fast and smooth.

I do have to say since upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 CPU intensive games run much faster and are a lot more stable.

Last edited: