jmckenzie

Reaction score
Hi managers,

In my first season in FM2016, mid October in game right now, established an attacking 4-2-3-1 wide on arriving at Fulham (playing attacking soccer and hiring youngsters is part of my goals as the manager). Had some decent success with the tactic working, most of the time. Have spent the majority of my team training since I arrived working on tactics, on weeks when I only have 1 match I keep it at high level, during international breaks when there are no games for 2 weeks, I crank it up to very high. I nearly always keep my match focus to match tactics unless it's a cup game or a really tough opponent. Yet I'm still barely getting the tactic to competent, with awkwards under marking and mental. What am I doing wrong that the tactic isn't getting more fluid.

I will say that I've got a second tactic where the Attacking CM has been subbed for an additional forward that plays a false 9 due to injuries causing a lack of depth at the ACM position. That position is the only adjustment I've made between the two tactics so they both run at about the same level of competency. Incidentally most of the goals conceeded have been due to mistakes on my team's side (leaving an opponent open, missing a tackle, bad pass in our third, etc.)

Any ideas on how to improve the teams comfort with the tactic?

Thanks,

Coach McKenzie

Apart from setting the Match Prep training to Match Tactics and the slider all the way to the left to get the maximum Match Prep training, there isn't much. It'll depend on things like what the players are used to, but (obviously?) having 1 tactic will see them learn faster than having 2 systems to learn.