iamauser

Staff member
Reaction score
tactics-board.jpg

I know we are less than 2 months away from FM15, but this is something I would like to start now, and if it prove to be popular, continue it for next years version too.

Please post any tactics you would like my to test, and I will do give you an in depth review on your tactic, and how I feel it can be improved. I will also give it a score out of 10 on how good I think the tactic is.

For these test I have picked Swansea City. The two reasons I have chosen them are: 1) They are predicted exactly mid-table. 2) They have at least 1 strong player in every position.

Any questions please ask.

Currently In Testing

We'll Score More Than You - Olly Bowes
Tested Tactics

4-3-3 Wide Fast - The False Nine: 8/10

Tactic: 4-3-3 Wide Fast
Author: The False Nine

Initial Thoughts

My first thought when I saw this tactic was that it is extremely top heavy. If you don't have the strikers for this tactic, it might struggle as it looks at though it is designed to outscore the opponents. At times the team could potentially be left with just two players at the back with the wing backs and midfielders pushing forward. Another thing that struck me was the four Advanced Playmaker roles. It will be interesting to see how they all perform together. It is also quite hard to find excellent Advanced Playmakers in the STR/L positions.

Pre-season

So pre-season pretty much confirmed what I first though. It is very good going forward, but can be very suspect at the back. If you strikers aren't on form, or your defenders are having a nightmare, you definitely are going to struggle. Saying that, 7 wins and 2 losses is pretty good.

The games against Wolfsburg showed what happens if you defence isn't on form, and the game against ADO Den Haag showed what happens if your whole team isn't on form.

The most important players appear to be the two wide Advanced Playmakers, as both positions got the highest number of goals and assists in pre-season. The two Wing Backs were very hit and miss though, with both getting a rating of 9+ in on match, and then both getting a rating of less than 5 in another.

After the pre-season, I am 50/50 on the tactic. I feel it will be great against weaker teams, but will really struggle against top teams, especially with quick wingers.

Final Review

I have to say I was very impressed with this tactic. In the opening 19 games it picked up 10 wins, 3 draws and 6 losses, leaving Swansea in 5th place. It also made them the 4th highest scoring team in the league, but it did leave them 10th in least goals conceded.

Above I have uploaded some of the best performances over the 19 games, and most impressive was the 7-3 victory over Hull City. The next best result I feel was the 3-1 win against a very strong Arsenal side. There was also one very poor results though, which Swansea were smashed 5-0 by Manchester United.

Top Performers

It was actually really hard to pick just a few top performers as every one of the first XI had average ratings of over 7.1. All three of the front men scored 9 goals each, with the two wider players also getting 6 assists each. If you do decide to use this tactic, these are the players you want to invest in. Good pace, finishing, crossing and passing are a must.

Potential Improvements

The above tactic is one that I would create for away games or when trying to see out a game. It offers a lot more protection to the back line with the Regista forming a good barrier in front of your defence. I would also change the complete wing backs to wing backs (S) so they dont get caught up field so often.

Recommended Clubs

Liverpool
Aston Villa
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Chelsea

Ratings

Attack: 8/10
Defence: 6/10
Performance: 9/10
Overall: 8/10

Last edited:
View attachment 337380

This is a 4-3-3 I use with Liverpool, it works for me always as it fits my players perfectly. Would be interested to see how it works in your tactics test with Swansea.

Initial Thoughts

View attachment 337348

My first thought when I saw this tactic was that it is extremely top heavy. If you don't have the strikers for this tactic, it might struggle as it looks at though it is designed to outscore the opponents. At times the team could potentially be left with just two players at the back with the wing backs and midfielders pushing forward. Another thing that struck me was the four Advanced Playmaker roles. It will be interesting to see how they all perform together. It is also quite hard to find excellent Advanced Playmakers in the STR/L positions.

"We'll score more than you"

Absolutely love this tactic to bits. Definitely needs the right players though! Have used in my Everton career, into the 3rd season 2/3rds of the way through. 1st season finished 2nd with no silverware, 2nd season won the league, champions league and league cup, 3rd season doing even better thus far.

I like the idea of this thread ,

could you maybe break it down into like

Performance
Players
Suggested tweaks
Teams that the tactic may work well with?

I like the idea of this thread ,

could you maybe break it down into like

Performance
Players
Suggested tweaks
Teams that the tactic may work well with?

Yeah thats pretty much what I was going to do on the final review.

Pre-season

View attachment 337329

So pre-season pretty much confirmed what I first though. It is very good going forward, but can be very suspect at the back. If you strikers aren't on form, or your defenders are having a nightmare, you definitely are going to struggle. Saying that, 7 wins and 2 losses is pretty good.

The games against Wolfsburg showed what happens if you defence isn't on form, and the game against ADO Den Haag showed what happens if your whole team isn't on form.

The most important players appear to be the two wide Advanced Playmakers, as both positions got the highest number of goals and assists in pre-season. The two Wing Backs were very hit and miss though, with both getting a rating of 9+ in on match, and then both getting a rating of less than 5 in another.

After the pre-season, I am 50/50 on the tactic. I feel it will be great against weaker teams, but will really struggle against top teams, especially with quick wingers.

Also, if you are posting a tactic that was NOT created by you, please can you post the original makers name please.

I have decided I am going to be doing a half season review of all the tactics I am testing to speed things up a little. I have got a save on day one, which means that all the fixtures will be the same (other than cup games obviously) meaning the test will be fair.

Final Review

View attachment 337306

I have to say I was very impressed with this tactic. In the opening 19 games it picked up 10 wins, 3 draws and 6 losses, leaving Swansea in 5th place. It also made them the 4th highest scoring team in the league, but it did leave them 10th in least goals conceded.

View attachment 337305 View attachment 337304 View attachment 337303 View attachment 337302

Above I have uploaded some of the best performances over the 19 games, and most impressive was the 7-3 victory over Hull City. The next best result I feel was the 3-1 win against a very strong Arsenal side. There was also one very poor results though, which Swansea were smashed 5-0 by Manchester United.

Top Performers

View attachment 337299 View attachment 337298 View attachment 337297 View attachment 337296

It was actually really hard to pick just a few top performers as every one of the first XI had average ratings of over 7.1. All three of the front men scored 9 goals each, with the two wider players also getting 6 assists each. If you do decide to use this tactic, these are the players you want to invest in. Good pace, finishing, crossing and passing are a must.

Potential Improvements

View attachment 337293

The above tactic is one that I would create for away games or when trying to see out a game. It offers a lot more protection to the back line with the Regista forming a good barrier in front of your defence. I would also change the complete wing backs to wing backs (S) so they dont get caught up field so often.

Recommended Clubs

Liverpool
Aston Villa
Real Madrid
Barcelona
Chelsea

Ratings

Attack: 8/10
Defence: 6/10
Performance: 9/10
Overall: 8/10