Georgeye

Reaction score
Im in great need of a tactic that consistently wins... im very near to the sack. I'm trying to keep players happy etc. and i feel i am doing everything right but my tactics suck so i need a good one. PLEASE HELP :)

I believe that is FM 14, in fact i am sure that tactic is not that important to be consistent...that would be pretty amateur, because of so many details in this great game. For me is morale and condition of my squad the most important.

So, the whole point is to switching between different tactics and keep guessing opponent your approach. There are many awesome tactics...pick your 3 TOP tactics.

I believe that is FM 14, in fact i am sure that tactic is not that important to be consistent...that would be pretty amateur, because of so many details in this great game. For me is morale and condition of my squad the most important.

So, the whole point is to switching between different tactics and keep guessing opponent your approach. There are many awesome tactics...pick your 3 TOP tactics.

How do you overcome the fluidity issue though?

you need 3 tactics that converse to similarity to be successful every season for instant if your using a wingers in your number one slot like a 4-2-3-1 or any other winger tactic make sure you have either an 4-4-2, 4-1-2-2-1, 4-1-4-1, 4-5-1 in the other 2 slots this way you won't need to chop & change every season.

if your using a 4-2-3-1 tactic and you have a 4-1-2-1-2 and a 3-2-3-2 in the other slots you will find that moral will drop and your players could become unhappy because they are not familiar with different styles.

take my thread for example ( Nezza's New World Order ) you will find that I have a 4-2-3-1 as my first tactic but I also have an 4-1-2-2-1 and a 4-4-1-1 in my other slots, this way as Diavolo 1992 said it will keep the opponents guessing and could lead to better results

How do you overcome the fluidity issue though?

if your wanting to get your 3 tactics fully fluid before the season starts I would recommend starting in Brazil time 2012 this gives a full season to do plenty of friendly's to get them fully fluid

also I would recommend setting your training to tactics only with the bar all the way to the left and untick rest before match this should give 3-4 days with your players to train on tactics in the match preparation

if your wanting to get your 3 tactics fully fluid before the season starts I would recommend starting in Brazil time 2012 this gives a full season to do plenty of friendly's to get them fully fluid

That's not what I meant. You're talking about changing things around to fool your opponent, which I am all for, but do you mean keeping the same 3 continuous tactics, switching between them, or do you mean creating more than 3 and using them all at different times and if so, how would that work? Would you delete one tactic that was fully fluid and then re-add it, keeping its fluidity?

Kind of confusing, but something I've always wondered.

For me personally, the Locksmith MrH Tweak works quite good - 4 trophies in the first 2 season as Atalanta using ONLY the one tactic..
You do of course lose some, but I do go into every game with the feeling i will win, which not many tactics have given me so far :)

I use a combination of three tactics, one is my own, which I keep private because I play a lot of network games and my friends constantly crawl the internet for my tactics because I released a lot for FM13 on my old account and they countered them every time without me knowing they had them :p.

The others are morshwartz's tactic but teaked a little, and TotalFootballFan9's Dreamcaller, though I'm tempted to try his Unreal one.

Anyway as Diavlo has said, you can go on for practically infinite seasons using three tactics (rotated between each game), this will keep the opposition guessing, and the fact the tactics I use are completely different but very similar in formation

I recommend you use the three if you don't want to switch tactics every season to avoid the opposition from countering you:

Tactic 1: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/163750-unreal.html
Tactic 2: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/164519-dreamcaller.html
Tactic 3: www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-14-tactics/165246-no-striker-tactic-4-6-0-nothing-something-success-guaranteed.html

So I advise you just switch between the three depending on the opposition, if you are a strong team just rotate every game.

TotalFootballFan9 has some awesome tactics but he tends to "close them down" when he releases a new one even though I argue that his older tactics (dreamcaller, etc) are better than Unreal, but I haven't tested Unreal enough yet.

If you want to maintain the same formation for all three then just use Unreal v4 instead of v5.

I felt the tactic was great but i also felt like it just wont take your team to the next level i went 4 seasons finishing 3rd with gladbach. they were all great seasons but no matter how much i improved my team i just couldnt break the super 2 of bayern and dortmund.

It is not necessary to change formations. You can have 3 tactics with the same formation but different instructions, and they will work too.