buckster

Reaction score
I really need some help, no matter what I try I cant get success as a manager, my first game I went 18 months with Man Utd before being sacked after failing to win any trophies and in my current game I managed Newcastle for 6 months until I was sacked with them 10th in the league so I just created another manager profile as united manager in that game and resigned the old one.

I took them over in December 1 point of top and in the europa league by the end of the season I finished 5th, 20points of 1st and came runner up in the europa league. After 6 games of the new season I'm 9th with 9 points having won 3 and lost 3 including 1-0 loses to west brom and wigan.

I have attached a screenshot of the tactic im using and my squad, any and all advice would be really apreciated, I love playing the game, i'm just not very good at it lol

Your players are very tired. Check their condition and rotate accordingly. Could help :)

you need a new centre back - some more quality throughout to add a little depth, looks like you rely on the first team too much (their conditions aren't great!)

A 4 4 1 tactic might be worth a try

Just go 4-4-2 or 4-4-1-1 because youre leaving alot of space in the midfield channels

agree with this, try and use a more simple formation to start off with. if you really struggle with the tactical side of things, i recommend downloading a tactic off here or downlading TT and F and give it a good read. hope this helps :)

you have a good strong squad but you are wasting their talents.

play 4-2-3-1 deep, with hargreaves and gago protecting sniedjer diego and valencia.

ill post one for you to use in a bit and see what you think. its not heavily tweaked so you can use it as a template for your own ideas

You're obviously not playing to their strengths.The formation is not fulfilling their talents and its not benefitting anyone either than the teams who beat you.

Go with what madsheep as said and you should get better.

Cheers for the help, i'll give madsheeps formation a go ;)

BTW their fitness percentage is low as this was literally straight after a game

change tactic,
try to create your own or use Mr Hough's wonder tactic just until you get the taste of success ;D

tried a change of formation against bristol city playing my full first team in the league cup and lost 2-1 lol, im pretty hopeless

tried a change of formation against bristol city playing my full first team in the league cup and lost 2-1 lol, im pretty hopeless
the team instructions are perfect for united, its what ive been using for the last 3 season. but the roles arent perfect yet

Thanks madsheep! I'll try it out later :)

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 09:57 PM ----------

Working alright so far 3 comfy wins and one loss to arsenal thanks to a freekick and a freak goal

remember it takes 5-6-7 matches for your plsyer to adapt to a new formation. (thats what pre season games are for)

Yup, hope they bed in soon lost my next two games 2-1 to villa and 1-0 to athletic

EDIT: next games beat bury 5-0, drew 2-2 with sunderland, beat athletic 2-1 and beat preston 4-1 conceding a goal direct from their goal kick! currently 9th in the table

Last edited:
Try and keep morale high. I suggest reading WoIfsong's guide to teamtalks. It's a bit of a long read but one of the most important ways to ensure good performances on match day.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/f72/woifsongs-teamtalk-guide-t29092.html

edit - Also if you have a good assistant manager, let him handle press conferences. Mine has "great respect" from all the reporters and always knows what to say, every press conference summary I get says "it is thought the squad should react well" etc and 2-3 players get positive reactions which helps their match performances.

Last edited:
oh i nearly always use we can win this prematch lol maybe where im going wrong!

Go with a simple tactic, or look around the forums and see what other people have been using in their stories, etc. For example, I play with Bromley FC with a 4-5-1, which includes a DM and two attacking wingers.
But if you're really struggling, stick to a simple 4-4-2 and see how that goes.

As for your team, you really need to rotate them around, and make sure to have good replacement subs otherwise you won't exactly have much of a chance in the Premier League.

But I admire your heart to keep going, so well done on that front!

oh i nearly always use we can win this prematch lol maybe where im going wrong!

Yes!

for the fans is default for not getting your players to become crappy.

but (again preseason is best for this') try them all and MAKE note to each player, how they react vs diff teams-> rivals, small teams, same rep teams etc etc for each teamtalk, curretly in my madrid save i have about an a4 page for each player just for teamtalks = all my players play with a minnimum of being motivated and so far this season i've only consided 1 goal that was pure luck and score 3,2 on avarege pr match

TEAMTALK MATTERS

I give up, i try using the teamtalk guide, new tactics nothing makes a blind bit of difference, team are still playing ****, thanks for everyones help, i apreciate it a lot but i think im just going to have to accept this isnt a game im going to be good at.

ofc it is:)

did you start a new game or continue th same--> remember that when it starts to go ****** for a team it is VERY hard to turn it around try a new start and implement what you learnt here and it should go better, then do that 10 times and you start getting undefeted seasons:9

keep going m8