In need of Central def: Papadopoulous/ Zouma/Jones

Reaction score
Hey Guys :D

I'm currently playing as Tottenham and currently about to start my second season. I finished 5th in the league :(, and finished 3 points behind Chelsea who finished 2nd, but won the Europa League so it wasn't a bad season overall.

I am looking for a central defender to partner Caulker who was immense in the latter half of the season. Kaboul is good but too unreliable in my opinion.I play Vertonghen at left back and hence narrowed down my search to:

Kyriakos Papadopolous: 21.5m- schalke do not do negotiations lol
Kurt Zouma: 18-21m
Phil Jones: 15-17m

If you were in my position, who would you go for?? i would prefer the defender to be a threat on set pieces too.. Any other recommendations will be greatly appreciated as well.

Also if anyone has played as Spurs, do they rate Tom Huddlestone? he was rotated within my team for the first season and did fairly well but PSG have tabled a 15m offer. Any advice on this would be great too!

Thanks for the help!!

Jones cause he's English, papdopolous has bad mental stats, I rate huddlestone and think he's an ace deep lying playmaker, composed and a very good passer!

Huddlestone is good, I sold him for 14 million and replaced him with shelvey, I'd probably go with jones because he is english and will fill one of the home grown slots in champs league squad

Zouma.

He'll be home-grown after 3 seasons in your squad too. Better than the other two in my opinion, although I also rate Jones. Not sure what the fuss over Papadopolous is about to be honest; terrible mentally.

zouma he is a beast in the air for set pieces and he is a beast defender when i have used him

Zouma is the way to go. He will be a beast at the age of 23. he is only 18 in season 1

Also R. Varane, if you are rich enough, you can get him from Real Madrid for about the same price you pay for Zouma. He is already a star player and will grow more. If you have him and Zouma on your defense line, you are set for the next 10 seasons.

Guys thanks so much for your input, it's greatly appreciated. After considering what you all have said it looks like it's narrowed down between Phil Jones and Kurt Zouma. it's really 50-50 for me at this point and evidently in this forum too, probably will decide tomorrow but the fact that Jones can get into the team immediately is of huge importance, not sure if Zouma could...

Oh and thanks to baxter51 and epic terrorist for the info about huddlestone, i can also sell Gylfi Sigursson for 15m to southampton as they have put forth an offer so i think one will probably go and at the moment looks like Gylfi will.

try to get Smalling instead of Jones. Because Jones is fairly poor at jumping, sometimes he'll get beaten in the air by really powerful forwards. Smalling however does not have this problem.

Smalling gets about 7.60+ av rating for me each season, where as Jones gets about 7.30. Big difference!

Smalling is underrated. He's a beast.

He doesn't have the more creative stats that Jones has, but as a defender, I would say he's better than Jones.

Get Jones!!! He is English and cheapest amongst the there, sell huddlestone and get Jojo Shelvey!!