In need of drastic help please :(

shillz

Reaction score
I've always been a big fan of the FM series, however i seem to be rapidly losing my patience with this one. Although it hasn't always been a breeze on the previous games i've managed to achieve some success ( consistant top 4 finish with spurs :) ). However no matter what i try on this game i just fail. Was sacked from manchester city job while i was 12th in march, currently 13 with Spurs after 10 games. I wouldnt mind as much if i was playing some good football but i'm sadly not. I Fail to create many meaningful chances, score very few goals and dont seem to exert myself on any game. I always seem to concede an average of 2 goals per game against nearly any opposition. I favour the four four two formation with either an attacking mid or defensive mid. I dont know how i have suddenly become so bad at the game :( help please :)

So what are you looking for? Tactical help?

how do you screenshot your squad? Anyways, its basically just the starting spurs team, but i struggle no matter who i am :S

Most of the best tactics I have seen for FM 2010 use the "very fluid" setting....Most of the good tactics I have come up with use Very Fluid, and combine it with Stick To Position and More Disciplined...

With that setup you can hand set all of the individual play instructions and have them do pretty much what you tell them, but be sure to leave enough room for a striker or attacking player to do the something out of the ordinary...

I have not used too many 4-4-2 formations...I prefer 1 or 3 men upfront (Seems to confuse the AI defense more??)

Max seems to be a very good 4-4-2 man so he should be of great help.

Good Luck.

ok thanks mate :) Any ideas how to have the closing down. Alot of the time i concede silly goals where it seems my CB get skinned so easily and a simple one on one that they score

ok thanks mate :) Any ideas how to have the closing down. Alot of the time i concede silly goals where it seems my CB get skinned so easily and a simple one on one that they score

Not sure it seems to be happen to me in a few games now and then too...

You could try the combo of a Cover and Stopper...The Stopper with High Closing down the Cover with Low Closing down....

This way you have one guy looking to shut down the attack and if he is beaten you have a man to cover him...I think I have seen this work for some people.

Not sure it seems to be happen to me in a few games now and then too...

You could try the combo of a Cover and Stopper...The Stopper with High Closing down the Cover with Low Closing down....

This way you have one guy looking to shut down the attack and if he is beaten you have a man to cover him...I think I have seen this work for some people.

i'll give it a go :) just managed to scrape a draw at home to wigan :( seriously dont know what is wrong

Quite difficult to get the cover/stopper combo working correctly though. Maybe download some of the tactics of the site and see how others have implemented to help give a good starting set up that you can tweak from there. You could also do this to try and help you figure out how to set up your closing down. Either that or set closing down to the default level and then tweak it from there.

The problem with cover/ i found is that your more likely to let through balls through the defence (even though supposedly this is what it is meant to prevent) as your stopper defender goes out of his way to get to the player sitting in front of the defence with the ball leaving a striker open, either that or the cover defender just never seems to pick up the other striker properly when the stopper goes forward. This is particularly dangerous when the opposition is using an AMC.

I prefer defend/defend on CB's myself. The problem with this however seems to be that while the defence stays in line they are a bit more prone to being beaten higher up the pitch by quicker strikers leading to one on one situation against your goalkeeper. I do get a lot less through balls through my defence when using this however. Although I usually play with a DMC anchorman when against AMC's to prevent the through balls leaking through.

try using one of your centre backs as a cover one and the other one as ball playing stopper