Reaction score
Hey.
I started the new season with Liverpool and played around 9 games and lost about 4 games.

Losing 3-2 to QPR and 1-0 to wolves at anfield is the worst of the 4.

Im struggling... I almost got the sack, but beat Southampton, Sunderland and West Brom, and i shot from 17th to 9th with a game in hand remaining.

I play 4-2-3-1 formation, is this a problem that i only use 1? Will teams know that i play this constantly and counter it?

Reina
(WB)Anita - (CD)Skrtel - (CD)Agger - (WB)Enqrique
( a)M'Vila - (DLP)Lucas
(IF)Sterling - (AP)Erikson - (IF)Borini
(P)Suarez

Ill list everything here to hopefully get someone really experienced with FM to tell me why i am failing.
OKAY.

Style:
Strategy:

Passing style: More direct
Creative freedom: default
Closing down: press more
Tackling: cautios
Marking: zonal
Crossing: drill
Roaming: default

Defensive line: Deep
Width: wide
Tempo: quick (very quick, highest point)

Please help guys. Tell me where i am going wrong, tell me what you thinks best. I really want to make it in the big time with Liverpool, all my friends have and are still winning cups with Liverpool whilst im struggling.
Cheers.

Seems like you have a lot of new players... also if you are gong to have quick tempo you shouldn't have defence deep

One problem I can see is your tackling is set to cautious, you should only do this in friendlies because it means players wont fight for the ball very much and will shy away from 50-50s, leave the team setting on defualt and change your DM/Ball winning mid/anchor to hard tacking, you will notice your team conceding far less and getting more possession :).

And Stirling is lacking experience at the beginning of the game. Loan him out and get someone else in like Rodrigo / Wellington Nem / Willian.

Cheers lads. Ive changed it. More cautious to default and deep to push up.
Hope it means ill stop conceding so much.

Any suggestions on a centre back and a right back i could hopefully put a bid in for in the summer? Ill have about £25m to spend,

I cant mate.
Im in my 3rd season now, i was manager of sheffield united, i got them promoted to the championship and left to join Liverpool after Benitez got fired.

ahh, well then he should be scoring lots of goals!
I had a similar issue and noticed my Wingers never did any defencive work. Set their to less attacking if you notice the same issue.

Losing 3-0 to Chelsea away in the 8th minute already... This is what i mean.
Ive tried everything i can do stop conceding, putting 3 DM's in front of the midfielders and yet i concede goals.
Sometimes about 5 players run to the same ball. Its an absolute joke. I have the players to challenge for a top 3 spot without a doubt.

As i type its 4-0 in 27 minutes.

Try Raikan's AMC strategy... works a treat for me.

Hi guys i have my assistant manager telling me x player is used to playing at a higher tempo and more direct game is this mentality and passing or both or something else plz help