In need of home-grown players for Pool...

transferking

Reaction score
I'm Pool. Finished first season as runner-up to Chelsea, only thing I won was League Cup. Now I offloaded some players I got decent or good offers (f.e. Fabio Aurelio, Dossena, Cavalieri etc).

View attachment 8378

I have 34M in my kitty ATM. Where I have to improve and/or may getting stronger in your opinion? By the way, I have offers for Camacho and Laurito negotiated, but nothing sure yet. Should I take them if I reach to an agreement?

I have one quite a problem - home-grown players. Please advise me good English stuff I can use immediately in first 11.

- Who could my new understudy to Reina?
- What should I do with Xabi Alonso and/or Lucas? (As you see I have young talents Bostock, Zuculini and Ekici upcoming in this positions).
- Who is the best solution to RM position? Last year I played StevieG occasionaly there, but it isn't his place, of course. Sanchez? Kuyt? New recruit?
- Is LB ok with Kolarov, Insua and Arbeloa?
- How should I improve my youngsters (Santon, Zuculini, Fleck, Ekici, Bostock, N'Gog). Loan or not?

Thanks in advance.

if i were you:
- i will sign kasper schmeichel to be back up goalkeeper, or if i want english player i will target ben foster (from manutd), but he is not exactly understudy..

- i will sell xabi alonso, as for lucas i prefer him to ekici so i will stick to him for this season

- sanchez will be able to do well in RM i think.

- Insua is a great LB, and with kolarov as back up or vice versa i think you could be sure that there will be no problem in those position. btw you sold dossena?

- i will only loan out my youngsters if it will guarantee them first team football. otherwise it think it is useless. as for zuculini i think you can use him as substitute this season. give him a couple league games and he will be wonderkid in no time.

overall, i think you should consider to add some central defender.. maybe try to get micah richards from city, or steven taylor from newcastle. usually play well for me.

have a look at joe lewis he is very cheap young englishman playing for peterbourough and if trained right he can become a great english keeper.

Get Reina to tutor him!

I recommend selling off either xabi alonso, lucas or mascherano

i think kuyt has a great work rate and no matter what players i have i could always fit him into my team. although team work and work rate arent always enough therefore for right midfield i recommend a player such as mario balotelli who is actually a striker but is a very capable right winger of which i find is a great position for him as he can support the attackers very well creating many goals and also getting himself on the scoresheet often.

and for left back i highly recommend getting a proven lb. the best left back on the game is juan maunal vargus.

Dont loan off Fleck as he gets very upset and dissapointed as he feels he is to good a player to be loaned out therefore i recommend having a player such as torres to tutor him.

Although if you really want to get Fleck to become a world class player then you need a player such as James McFadden or Kris Boyd to tutor him as he feels more at home having another scot tutor him and this brings the best out of him.

N'Gog you should sell as he never becomes good enough to compete with marquinhos, fleck, torres and so on. This would also bring in more funds and you could possibly trade him for James McFadden and then get McFadden to tutor Fleck.

Get Alonso to tutor Zuculini!

For Santon i would send him off on loan as first team football helps him improve.

Ekici - have macherano or lucas tutor him

and Bostock i would say have Gerrard tutor him

I hope this helps

''and for left back i highly recommend getting a proven lb. the best left back on the game is juan maunal vargus.''

lololololol. ashely cole? evra? chielinni? chivu? phillip lahm? even clichy!!?

''and for left back i highly recommend getting a proven lb. the best left back on the game is juan maunal vargus.''

vargus is the best in the game!

Thx mate,

my preferred shortlist in CB position ATM is:
- Chiellini (don't know how much Juve will ask, but I think at least 40M), Richards (ca 40M), Sakho (ca 20M) and Fazio (max 20M).

You have to take into consideration that Sevilla is interested in Agger, Riera, Arbeloa and Lucas; ManC in Agger, Skrtel and Riera, Juve in Agger and Lucas.

Btw, Taylor is good idea. Is he available for ca 10M?

What should I do?

Yes, I sold Dossena as ManC offered 9M and I felt 1) it's too much to refuse; 2) I have too many similar level players in LB already.

Do you recommend to offer Alonso to clubs or to wait? Is it too much to start asking from 30-40M?

Maybe it would be wise to try to loan Ekici?

Vargas is quality m8

he may be quality. but as fr best left back on the game? im skeptical. he may become the best left back in a few years. but thats down to player input, ie whether you sign him or not.

for me he isnt good enough defensively

vargas plays better as midfielder imo.. his attacking ability cannot be optimized if he plays as a full back..

if you can get another England team to loan ekici, i think you should loaned him out. at least he can adapt to england playstyle and overcome language barrier.

thx a lot for everybody for your input,

Real just made 38,5M offer for Vargas - in my current financial situation it's impossible to compete. I wait and hope I'll be taken over by some consortium, then I can think about this kind of signings.

Just started to think whether I do need another striker? Who would be ideal (and realistic) partner to Torres? Marquinhos was good first season, Kuyt will also stay for sure as I rate him, then I have other future stars (as Marquinhos) Sanchez and Fleck.

Should I sign Cardozo / Milevskyi / Hulk / Toni / Laurito type of player?

Also I have another idea: as Inter is showing interest in Alonso, Lucas and Marquinhos (who I won't sell), maybe I can master some kind of part exchange and get Balotelli. What kind of offer would be smart to start negiotiations?

Just got two offers for Itandje. Schalke is offering 1,6M straight, Lille 450K + 1,5M over 24 months + 20% profit from next sale. Which one is better?

---------- Post added at 11:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Can anyone help me further?

Last edited: