Gump

Reaction score
(If this OP will get accepted, then all you readers should know that I will be using LFC Marshall's january update and I hope you guys enjoy about the idea I have for this story and the following things wrote in this story isnt 100% based off events that happened in real life, so I have used some of my own imagination in a thing or two... If you get what I mean..)

------------------------------------
Prologue

I was sitting on my couch in my flat, watching a replay of a game what was indeed my last game. The Finnish league's most important game, the one what would make the difference between the second and the first. It was the year 1999, I was 25 years old and I played for HJK. We had a game against Tampere United and that match was something that I wont never forget. The tackle made by Kari Sainio... At that time, I just couldnt believe it was really happening. In the 67 minutes, I advanced forward with the ball, when there was Kari Sainio against me. I decided to dribble past him, going from his right side. I succeeded in the dribble, but Kari didnt let me advance; he tackled me with his knee and I flew to the ground. As his knee hit mine, I felt a snap in my own knee. I flew to the ground, rolling couple meters as I started to feel pain in my knee. The referee blow the whistle and sent Kari Sainio to the showers, but I was laying in the ground, surrounded by medical team and couple team mates. I couldnt continue the game and I was taken to a nearby hospital, where my knee got operated right away. After the operation, the doctors said that I couldnt anymore play. The knee was too weak. I was devastated. I couldnt do anymore the thing that I always wanted to. I had passion for football, I wanted to keep playing and I just couldnt believe that I couldnt play no longer....

After the replay had shown the tackle, I turned the TV off since it was useless to watch it, that happened many years ago as I was now 35. I came to the conclusion that without that tackle, I wouldnt be the person I am now; I have worked with Jose ''The Special One'' Mourinho during his reign in Chelsea. I was a scout, bringing information about finnish talents to Chelsea FC's knowledge. I had an excellent relationship with Jose, but when his reign ended at Chelsea, I decided not to follow him to Inter Milan. Since then I havent seen or spoken with Jose; I have only heard about the news that he has signed for Real Madrid. I hope he does well with the Real Madrid and wins even more trophies. But then I woke from my memories and went to sleep. Tomorrow is a new day and I shall see what surprises it will bring with it...

Chapter 1

I woke up at 9.00 am. I made a fast breakfast with some bread and juice and layed down to the couch with my meal. I turned TV on and selected YLE 1 channel, where there was Sporting news coming;

Real Madrid announces Aitor Karanka's reassignment to Youth Academy

Just moments ago Real Madrid club de Futbol released a statement in their official website how Aitor Karanka was moved from his post as Assistant Manager to the post of Manager of the Youth Academy. These news come with great surprise and many are wondering who will replace Aitor Karanka as Assistant Manager. Real Madrid officials were unable for a comment.

The news didnt surprise me, but then my phone started ringing. I thought ''Who the **** it is''' and left my breakfast on the table as I went to get my phone. I searched it from the kitchen and it was hiding under one of the newspapers. An unknown caller was calling me, there was no number visible. I went back to the couch and answered to the phone;

- Hurjan Jarkko.
- Hellou Jarkko, the voice said.
- Uhm, you're not a finnish? I asked awkwardly.
- No, Dont you recognize my voice anymore, my old friend? said the voice and it started to feel familiar.
- No I dont recognize your voice, yet you sound familiar, I said.
- Im Jose, the voice answered, revealing himself as Jose.
- Oh Jose! We havent spoken for a long time. How are you? I said back to Jose and started to eat my bread.
- Indeed we havent and Im okay. But back to business, I have a proposition for you. said Jose..
- Yes? I said.
- Im missing an Assistant Manager at Real Madrid and I would like that you would take the job. said Jose.
I almost crapped my pants when I heard him saying that he wanted me to be his Assistant.
- Really? You kidding me? I answered doubtly.
- I don't make jokes with these kind of things. said Jose very sharply.
- Of course I will take that job. I answered quickly.
- Good. Real Madrid will finance your apartment in Spain and your moving expenditures. I expect you to be at Santiago Bernabeu on Monday. Agreed? said Jose
- Yeah, Agreed. See you then. I answered back and shut the phone.

I was in a wonder - condition. I felt like Whoa inside me. Im going to be an Assistant to Jose! I have always being a scout, this is a big step for me in my career. I had 2 days to move to Santiago, since it was already Saturday. I started to plan my move....

Last edited:
Very good OP and first chapter buddy like the layout and everything

Thanks Dan! :p

--------------------------

Chapter 2

On July, Monday 2011, in a News broadcast..

Breaking news; Real Madrid announces Jarkko Hurja as Assistant Manager

Real Madrid have just released a statement to the press regarding the appointment of the Assistant Manager, relatively unknown Jarkko Hurja. Jarkko has previously worked for Chelsea FC as Scout and also during the same time the ''Special One'' was in charge of the club. From a Scout to an Assistant Manager is a big step and many pundits are wondering will Jarkko fit the role. Our football expert, Derek Black has commented on the surprising appointment as a ''risky business.''

- Derek, What is your opinion of Jarkko Hurja? asked the Reporter on the LIVE boardcast.
- Well Jarkko isnt the best possible choice and this is very risky since he has no experience of the role that he has been given. He just doesnt have enough footballing knowledge, since he has only worked as a Scout. He doesnt know the club, the players, the staff if we compare to the ex-Assistant manager, Aitor Karanka.
Of course everyone can learn a thing or two, but I suspect that Jarkko will be replaced rather sooner than later. answered Derek.
- Thank you for your comment Derek.

Last edited: